Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what music are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        Oh yeah, this was from around 10 years ago. They were/are a bit too J-Pop(py) for my tastes, but they are good musicians and their longevity speaks to their overall popularity. The second vocalist part reminds my of this group:

I definitely do not listen to this group, it's too hard on the ears.

Another thing I like about the Japanese scene is that there is a high degree of friendship/co-operation between different groups.

regards,
        D.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

I do listen to this group. This is from last year, in a >small< club in Germany. The audio isn't studio quality, but crowd interaction is amazing:

regards,
          D.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Regarding the group, "Silent Siren" and the camaraderie amongst these various groups, here's Misa (the bass player from "Band Maid" - lower image) working with Aina Yamauchi (the bass player from "Silent Siren" - upper image), teaching each other various bass lines from their respective music genres (rock, hard rock, metal for Band Maid, and J-pop/anime for Silent Siren).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeG20gc3Aw
            Hmm, maybe it doesn't want to show up because it was originally from Twitter or something. Not too much to see, just two musicians talking bass and getting mildly drunk.

Here's some recent "Scandal":

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

"Bittersweet Symphony" - The Verve

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vg...arBlastRecords
                Uni-Verse "One song one truth" Avrakehdabra literally means "Create as you speak". Words use energy, use them wisely. Words cast spells,that is why its called SPELLING. Negative energy runs down your immune system. Stay positive and manifest your own reality!

Comment

Comment

"Paint It, Black" - The Rolling Stones

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Comment

"Jump (Live at the Orange Lounge)" - Paul Anka.

sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

RIP Johnny Nash

Comment

Not a video, but this is related to my current fixation with the Japanese music scene.

There is a program coming up which will be a free, 7 hour broadcast on Youtube which will feature a number of Japanese bands and solo artists. The following link will give you information on the event, and provide a link to a countdown clock for when the program will start in your area (for me, being in the PST zone, it will start on Oct 17 at 11:00 pm).

https://www.reddit.com/r/BandMaid/co...amoto_support/

related pages:
                            https://stayhope.blueencount.jp/spec...yhope/detail/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7GR...ature=youtu.be

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Comment

Great choice!

I have to admit that I really fell in love with this song with the rendition in the film "Dark City", with Anita Kelsey as the vocalist - Jennifer Connelly doing the lip sync in the movie (and pictured). Connelly also performed a version of this song which appears in the director's cut and may be found on Youtube

While we are on torch songs:

regards,
                                G.
                                Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                                X