This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

puddlejumper shape

Are they shaped like that because they can join together in a chain? Also, are there any secret compartments on the top and bottom of the jumper like there are on the sides?

I always thought they were shaped like that to fit thru the gate...

Mattathias

Comment

I think it's like that because they wanted to make it aerodynamic and able to fit through the gate.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I think our friend here was referring to the angled front and back of the puddlejumper, not its round shape.

Methusala, I've wondered about that myself. However, then I find myself wondering what the point would be (especially since there don't seem to be any doors in the front, unless they're under the control panel and you have to crawl through, heheh), and so that train of thought usually halts.

But since I'm here, I think I'll try to think of some reasonable applications for hooking them up like traincars...

-Power conservation? Pull the puddlejumpers by an engine at the front to somewhere normally beyond their range?
        -Stuff 'em into some kind of giant puddlejumper cannon? Shoot them like spitwads? (Even funnier thought: a giant 'machine gun' loaded with puddlejumpers.)
        -Stuff them into long tubes and vend them like gobstoppers?
        -Ten syllables: Atlantis no Shinkansen. (Oh, WHY can't a sci-fi city have those instead of transporters?!)
        -They could stuff their front ends into some kind of port?
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by methuselah
          Are they shaped like that because they can join together in a chain? Also, are there any secret compartments on the top and bottom of the jumper like there are on the sides?
          I dont know about other puddle jumpers but its possible there intended to be modular. May be an add on hyperdrive or cargo containers of simular shape.
          The docking port on the satilite certainly fit well but whether the satilite was designed to fit the PJ or vice versa is a mystery.

Comment

It's called what the production team decided it should look like.

Comment

It sure looks cool though!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                It's called what the production team decided it should look like.
                bingo

Comment

I would think that the Ancients (not the production team) would design a more aerodynamical ship. The dart is very aerodynamical.
                  Colorado Springs has a zoo. It does not have an O'Malley's.

Comment

The dart is a fighter aircraft, the puddle jumper is a multipurpose transport.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

also there could have been some passive shieldiong like in ST to make the ship more aerodynamic
                      why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                      Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                        Exacaly, the Dart was built Cull worlds and fight off any enemy aircraft, the Jumper may have some weapons but it was built to explore worlds and not as a Fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                          Technically, the PJ can be used as a transport vehicle as it can beam things in and then release them when they get to their destination, it works in the same way as the Stargate works when they demoterialise things. The dart could also be reverse engineered to do some of the stuff the PJ's can do. Im sure Rodney will figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            I think it's like that because they wanted to make it aerodynamic and able to fit through the gate.
                            Sorry, but the Puddlejumpers are hardly shaped to be aerodynamic, just look at it, its boxy, not smooth like a jet. Boxy creates wind resitance, Smooth slides throuhg the air. But its not like the jumpers are useing jp-4 fule to power the engins, so it doesnt need to be aerodynamic. But it does fit through the gate quiet nicely.
                            To the Prometheus...

The first...

She will be missed

Comment

I think id still prefer the dart over the PJ. The only reason the PJ is better is cuz of the storage space in it and its cloaking ability

Comment

Working...
                              X