This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I'm tempted to start an anti Lee/Kara thread now except for the utter futility of it. *sigh*

Anyway, good to know Dee is gonna suffer for the things she did. Suffer, suffer, suffer, ye miserable *****!

Yeah, I started to feel just a tiny bit sorry for her after
    Spoiler:
    Lee ran back to Dee after he slept with Kara and just basically used Dee as a substitute Kara. Of course then I remember what she did to Billy and I start thinking again that she deserves everything she gets. Poor Anders though. Of course that's another subject.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Dee deserves far worse than what she's gotten so far. But then, as far as I'm concerned, no punishment is good enough to make up for what she did to Billy. Dee/Billy was one of the few ships I supported right from the beginning! So if Dee has her heart carved out and handed to her? It's a good first step. Someone grab some salt to grind into her gaping wound.

Comment

I believe it is time for Dee to set Lee free by filing for a divorce. The man has no real love for her - she was just a space filler till Kara came back in the picture.

Then she would be free to seduce Papa Adama.

Comment

bump!

Comment

*stifles yawn*

So anyway... I'm glad to see storm clouds on the fast approaching horizon of Lee/Dee, but considering its replacement I can't be TOO happy about it. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Dee deserves far worse than what she's gotten so far. But then, as far as I'm concerned, no punishment is good enough to make up for what she did to Billy.
              I totally agree. Dee should PAY for her betrayal of Billy. Dee should have been honest with Billy, if she didn't want to make a commitment, she should have told Billy the truth. No one deserves what Dee did to Billy. Everything that goes around, comes around. Now, it's Dee's turn. Now, she knows how Billy felt.
              Last edited by Maj.Tahn; 22 December 2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

The problem with the character of Dee is that she was crafted as a stereotypical co-dependent female - which is a slap to the other female characters who are defined by their actions and not by who they are dating.

Comment

I don't like Dee because of her actions; especially the disrespectful way she treated Billy. She should've told
                  Billy that she didn't want to marry him (which she did) and that she loved him, but wasn't in love with him & that their relationship was over (which she didn't do). Instead, Billy has to find out she's two-timing him with Lee of
                  all people; who is using Dee to get back at Kara & as a "booty call." However, I disagree with the poster who said Dee is crafted as a "stereotypical co-dependent female." Dee is many things, but, Dee is hardly that. If anything she is "self-centered, selfish and callous," because she wouldn't have treated Billy the way she did if she wasn't those things. She displayed little remorse after Billy died saving her life. If she had showed a "little compassion" and took some responsibility for setting into motion the chain of events with Billy, I wouldn't dislike her as much. The females on BSG including Dee are written as strong characters, but many of these people are written so we
                  can see their "warts and all." Kara Thrace is a prime example. Great warrior, but serious character issues!
                  Last edited by Maj.Tahn; 23 December 2006, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn View Post
                    " However, I disagree with the poster who said Dee is crafted as a "stereotypical co-dependent female." Dee is many things, but, Dee is hardly that. If anything she is "self-centered, selfish and callous," because she wouldn't have treated Billy the way she did if she wasn't those things. She displayed little remorse after Billy died saving her life. If she had showed a "little compassion" and took some responsibility for setting into motion the chain of events with Billy
                    You have just described typical co-dependent behavior in your response. She has no independent character arc - it all revolves around the man she is involved with at the time. The depth or lack thereof of her character has always been defined by who she is dating or obsessing over. Billy died and so did her reactions with this character. Lee was then written more permanently in the picture, and now her character responses are built around Lee. She just smiles and agrees to every one of Lee's decisions without question.

Comment

I prefer a character with depth - i.e. 'warts and all' over a one dimensional character like Dee.

Comment

both should have been airlocked
                        Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                        They had to fake the ratings
                        They had to fake the ratings.
                        Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Working...
                        X