Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a complete list of missing DVD Extras?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a complete list of missing DVD Extras?

Does anybody know which extras are missing from the Region 1 DVD's but which are included on the R2 DVD's. The reason is I might want to eventually acquire all the extras and compile them on a CD or DVD if I ever get a DVD burner. So far I know the RDA video Diary is missing and The Lowdown.
    Does anyone know of others?
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
    Does anybody know which extras are missing from the Region 1 DVD's but which are included on the R2 DVD's. The reason is I might want to eventually acquire all the extras and compile them on a CD or DVD if I ever get a DVD burner. So far I know the RDA video Diary is missing and The Lowdown.
    Does anyone know of others?
    I believe that the last volume of season seven in Region 2 had a special Atlantis preview.
    Rocky

Comment

So far I know the RDA video Diary is missing and The Lowdown.
      The first lowdown aired before season seven, not six. Shouldn't it be included in the season seven set? And if so, how do you know it's missing?
      Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
      "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

The Lowdown from s7 is on the final r2 DVD of s6. I think it's vol 31.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          I believe that the last volume of season seven in Region 2 had a special Atlantis preview.
          Yes it does. Here is the list of what is on the last volume of Season 7 R2:

Revealing commentaries
          Preview of Stargate Atlantis
          Inside Lost City (3 part behind the scenes look at the last episode)
          SG-1 director's series: Lost City With Martin Wood
          Easter Egg: Richard Dean Anderson behind the scenes
          Season 7 stills gallery
          Audio commentary: Lost City by Director Martin Wood

Comment

Well so far there has been no mention of the Lowdown on the S7 boxset so that's why I added it. It's always possible that they'll make an extra dvd with the final season of SG-1 with everything R2 has, and hopefully more, so I might just be doing this for nothing

Comment

I already have all the R1 box sets, but somehow I just know that when this is all over I'm going to have to buy the R2 DVDs. </keep secret and checkbook from husband>
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I've been trying to gather up the missing special features myself. Here's what I've found so far:

Only one part of the Timeline to the Future Documentary on R2 disc #13 has been included in the R1 boxes(Season 4)

In addition to RDA's missing Video diary there is Don Davis' on R2 disc #20, Teryll Rothery's on R2 disc #19, and I think Corin Nemec's on R2 disc #25, that one I'm not 100% sure of because I haven't purchased it yet.

But also on R2 disc #25 there is a Gateway to Adventure documentary about season 5 and a Wormhole X-treme documentary that have not been included in any of the R1 boxes.

Finally on disc #31 there is a Director's Series feature for Prophecy that was not included in the R1 Season Six box.

Hopefully all the R2 Season 7 features are included in the R1 box, I haven't seen a detailed list yet.

Comment

Region 2 people: Do the season box sets just include the individual volumes, just packaged together? Or do they repackage/rework the actual DVDs as well? If they do, are there different special features in the box set that were not on the individual volumes?
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

TammyK thanks for the list. I think I've read that the Third Timeline to the future is supposed to be on the Season 7 boxset. I wonder what happened to the second?

Also, I thought I read somewhere there's an audio commentary on R2 3x22 nemesis, but it's missing on R1. Is this true? A whole commentary seems to be a huge thing to be left off a DVD.

Comment

Also, I thought I read somewhere there's an audio commentary on R2 3x22 nemesis, but it's missing on R1. Is this true?
                      Yes (though it may have been heard; its existence was mentioned in another commentary) and yes.

A whole commentary seems to be a huge thing to be left off a DVD.
                      I believe that it was left off the R2 DVDs as well, if that makes up for anything....
                      Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                      "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

hi there.

now with season 7 out on dvd and no timeline to the future featurette included, i was wondering if any r1 release will ever see them included.

i bought about 10 region 2 dvds of stargate (even with the one with the timeline featurettes) and stopped since they were releasing the whole season sets here. but i decided to turn to the r1 dvd collection, because here in germany they had an awful package. on the bookside is written (if you have collected all 9 packages - at that time planned for 8 seasons and one movie pack with emmerichs stargate and cotg) stargate kommando sg-1 (why do the germans never leave the original titles ) i sold my old dvds on ebay, i now i am regretting it, for missing some extras.
                        since i already owned the r1 ultimate edition and hated the packages (for which the wanted about 90 € = 100 - 110 $ ) i bought the r1 (for less than a third of their price)

who would have guessed that they were ommiting bonus features on the r1 release - was is worth the double dip .........

hell ya, it is still stargate.

i would love to see all the extras inclueded in upcoming release, hey there are at least 2 more sets to go to finish what the have started

Peace, Jannis_Equinox

Comment

Working...
                        X