This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    A unused battery will not lose it's energy at the same rate as an active one. Yes there will be some loss from an unactivated one, however the Ancients probably had much better ways of maintaining their power stores, giving us a 10,000-yo battery still operational. They weren't using Lithium batteries
    No you're right they weren't (or were they? ) . A naquadah generator would surely give them
    Spoiler:
    better shields for the PJ, they could have used it when saving McKay from the sunken PJ

Comment

If you freeze-frame and zoom when watching The Fifth Race, O'Neill writes on the plans for a DHD that they (DHDs) are powered by cold fusion generators (although the canonicity of this can be debated - the city of Atlantis probably wouldn't cry out for its little puppy or whatever it says on its screens!).
      So if PJs (which have DHDs) do have the same power source as regular DHDs and these cold fusion generators are anything like those in The Other Side, which were fuelled by heavy water from the oceans, there's plenty of potential PJ fuel in the vicinity of Atlantis.

Comment

I always thought they had mini ZPMs, they wouldnt put out as much power as a normal ZPM, but would be the equivalent of our "car batteries"

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncient1
          I always thought they had mini ZPMs, they wouldnt put out as much power as a normal ZPM, but would be the equivalent of our "car batteries"
          I had a simular idea. I thought they had these "batteries" which could harness lots of different types of energy. Kinda like the way a Stargate is a giant Superconductor.

That's gotta be a record!

Comment

Working...
          X