Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Rising" - incentive to become a vegitarian?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rising" - incentive to become a vegitarian?

I am also wondering whether those people in the Atlantis team do consider becoming vegitarians, after their "experience"...

Only Major Shepperd saw it happening.
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Well, although it is not quite clear how much Lt. Ford have seen, he should at least haven seen the body of Col. Sumner.

Comment

Okay, I'm confused. Why would this be an incentive to not eat meat?
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
          Okay, I'm confused. Why would this be an incentive to not eat meat?
          Well. Isn't their much similarity to the Wraiths, that: "All living things must eat, in this I'm sure we are similar. [...] There we are quite the similar, Col. Sumner, we don't require our food to agree with us." And in certain area in the world, people even eat rather intelligent mammals.

Comment

Hmmm...(maybe unnecessary spoiler space for Rising)

Nope. Sorry. Still don't follow you. I still don't see how anything the Wraith do or say would be an incentive to become a vegetarian...as if that would help the humans' predicament. Unless, of course, the Wraith do not like the taste of herbivores. Then, by all means, pass the salad!

Granted, meat might not be widely available in the Atlantis world, but that's another issue entirely.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
              Well. Isn't their much similarity to the Wraiths, that: "All living things must eat, in this I'm sure we are similar. [...] There we are quite the similar, Col. Sumner, we don't require our food to agree with us." And in certain area in the world, people even eat rather intelligent mammals.
              I'll let you in on a little known biological secret, plants are living too . Unless we start eating some sythesized nutrient paste (and do so without destroying anything living in the process, including eliminating any bacteria), something will always die for us to survive. If you let what the Wraith say affect you, it's time to stop eating all together and starve to death.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thats a good question to followup....

Where are all the people going to get food from??????????????????
                When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                I miss you.
                Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Well i don't think that eating an animal and eating an intelligent being is the same thing. I think that was what O'Neill was trying to explain in the episode "Pretense".

Comment

Even if they became vegitarians they would still have to eat live things and we still would be "similar".
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

And most plants are alive for weeks after being picked... so we eat them alive... just like the Wraith eat(suck life) when we are alive.

Comment

As I tell all vegetarians I meet in life.

I am not a Vegetarian because I love animals

If you are a Vegetarian you hate plants!

MMMMMM STEAK
                        Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                        Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                        Mayboune: *shrugs*
                        - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

I think the folks in Atlantis are going to become seafood lovers. But the wraith would inspire me to pursue a very dynamic dental health program.

Comment

The thing is plant's may have to die to feed a vegitarian, but as those plants lack a CNS(except maybe brocolli) they don't fear their death or feel pain during it like animals. Also since the human race thinks it's so advanced now and we know we can survivie on a vegitarian diet yet we still eat meat. I can't see us becoming the fith race with that attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by ylai
                              I believe the quote was:
                              "There we are quite disimilar, Col. Sumner, we don't require our food to agree with us."

I also have my own "vegetarian" quote:
                              "Save a cow, eat a vegetarian!" HoweverI would never eat a sentient animal, but I have no problem with other animals. Even after seeing the Wraith, I just consider it survival of the fittest.

Comment

Working...
                              X