Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Tigress
    Mystery solved! Hooray!

Now we just need to solve the mystery of why Sawyer's such a jerk to tree frogs...
    There's no mystery. Sawyer's a jerk, period. We're just occasionally confused by his pretty face and flirty accent.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
      There's no mystery. Sawyer's a jerk, period. We're just occasionally confused by his pretty face and flirty accent.
      Aw man, that gets me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
        Maybe you're right. Anybody know the actor's name who played that CIA-type guy?

EDIT: So the bearded man, as he's reffered to in teh credits, who is with The Otehrs, is played by M.C. Gainey, and his name is not listed in the credits as the CIA guy (I'll just call him that now). So my question still remains, what actor played the CIA guy, because he sounds familiar (as in I saw/heard him in anohter show), but I can't place his voice.
        He's been in quite a few films as well, Shawshank Redemption (Captain Byron T. Hadley) and Starship Troopers (Sergeant Zim).

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
          He's been in quite a few films as well, Shawshank Redemption (Captain Byron T. Hadley) and Starship Troopers (Sergeant Zim).
          I remember him most from Earth 2 (a show that was killed way before its time) and the Highlander movie (playing the really disgusting bad guy).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Still, I think that would have benn very Lost-esque is the Bearded Guy and the CIA guy were one in the same. Maybe that would have been too Lost-esque though.

Part of me wants to believe that we haven't see the last of that CIA guy, actually, come to think of it, I may have seen him in the credits of an upcoming episode, but that could be wishfull dellusion. It's very possible that he's just some random guest star who played the role of someone from one of the survivor's pasts, but Lost is rarely "random" or "coincidental."

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
              really wish there was a screen cap of the hieroglyphs.
              http://lost-media.com/modules.php?na...ticle&sid=1615

click on the photo for more.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                Not just the look, but the voice, that's what I first recognized. I kept thinking, "I've seen this actor before, where have I seen him? I think it was on another show, in jungle maybe, a jungle on an island, with torches. Couldn't be survivor becauseI don't watch that... wait, it was Lost, I saw him on Lost... what show am I watching again? Oh, Lost... Hey!!"
                Yeah, he was The Kurgan in Highlander and was also in an episode of Enterprise.

As you can tell, he gets around a bit

99.9% sure he hasn't been in Lost before though.

As for the ep - thought it was great! Reminded me why I started watching this show in the first place - man, was I annoyed when Locke got the code in in time

Comment

Now we just need to solve the mystery of why Sawyer's such a jerk to tree frogs...
                  Oh! That made me so mad! I really hoped he wasn't going to actually do that. The minute he realized he'd been caught acting like a decent human being (petting the frog, seeming to let it grow on him) he has to compulsively go and crush the poor thing! He really wants everyone to hate him. Guilty, guilty Sawyer. To hurt the poor little froggy! I say...KILL THE MURDERER!!! (No, not really. But I would sure slap him.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
                    Oh! That made me so mad! I really hoped he wasn't going to actually do that. The minute he realized he'd been caught acting like a decent human being (petting the frog, seeming to let it grow on him) he has to compulsively go and crush the poor thing! He really wants everyone to hate him. Guilty, guilty Sawyer. To hurt the poor little froggy! I say...KILL THE MURDERER!!! (No, not really. But I would sure slap him.)
                    I'd probably leave frog guts in his tent everynight for a week, as payback. It's probably really hard to get the smell out, too.

Comment

I'd probably leave frog guts in his tent everynight for a week, as payback. It's probably really hard to get the smell out, too.

Somehow I just can't picture Hurley crushing tree frogs for their guts, though, even if it is for a worthy cause.

I think it's time Hurley and Locke team up to teach this brute a lesson. Hurley could bring the frogs and Locke the hallucinagens.

A plague of frogs... giant, noisy....
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I actually liked the gratuitous frog violence. But really, Hurley kinda sealed the frog's fate with all his talk about it going off and finding a nice girl frog and settling down 'cause that would automatically entail dozens (or hundreds) of little baby frogs all interrupting Sawyer's peaceful afternoon. One frog is bad enough, but DOZENS?! Good on him for snuffing out the wee froggy life before it became a multiple frogicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          Somehow I just can't picture Hurley crushing tree frogs for their guts, though, even if it is for a worthy cause.

I think it's time Hurley and Locke team up to teach this brute a lesson. Hurley could bring the frogs and Locke the hallucinagens.

A plague of frogs... giant, noisy....
                          Oh man, he'd rue the day he ever crushed a tree frog!!!

Comment

This was sucha brilliant episode and definatly had the old lost feel to it.
                            Sayids flashbacks were great and really worked in this story. Some episodes have the feeling where we want to see whats happening in the flashbacks and not the episodes or vice versa but these flashbacks worked very niceley.

It was good seeing Kate's Dad. This is interesting cos in the last episode Sawyer breifley met Kate's Mum. Perhaps the show is trying to make out that all the characters revolve around Kate .

Good to See Rousseau again although she definatly should have been in the episode longer and if she really thought that Henry Gale was an other she would have tortured him like she did to Sayid unless she thought Sayid was better at torturing people which is why she handed Gale over to him.

sidenote: Henry Gale I believe is the name of Dorothy's uncle in the Wizard of OZ.
                            I believe Hery is an other. This is because of that look at the end he gave Sayid.

The Heiroglyphs were spoooky. I just cant wait for them to actually let the button countdown all the way to 0 and not input the code.

all in all a fantastic episode with a real LOST feel to it. 10/10.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                            X