No announcement yet.

The Long Con (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think taking the guns away had anything to do with him being smart and saving the group at all.

sawyer is a selfish man. he wants whats his, and he's not afriad to take what others need. look at what he is. he's a con man. he whole life is a lie.
    he never has other peoples best interests in mind (usually).
    he took the guns because its something they want. it's something they need. and now, they need to go to him to get it.
    kate said it i think, he wanted to find a way for people to hate him again. because its who he is.
    he was smart, yes, in the way he manage to con locke, and jack, and get charlie to help him steal and hide the guns. but that move had nothing to do with keeping the others from going out and getting killed.

Comment

At the beginning of Sawyer's speech I thought for a moment that he was going to reveal himself to be one of the Others. After his speech I made a comment to my roommates: "See? Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns."

Had Jack and Locke distributed the weapons and trained everyone to use them this situation would've been diffused. There's no need for Jack's "army", just simple firearm safety training and shooting instruction for those who want it (which Locke and Sayid would seem to be the best to offer though for all we know there's a lifelong NRA member among the survivors).

Instead they allow one of the few known criminals to be the only one with access to any weapons. Sawyer isn't going to start rounding up folks and killing them any time soon but he still shouldn't be the only one in control of the guns. Jack and Locke made a very stupid mistake in this case.

Comment

Loved this episode!! My fave so far this season too!
        Sawyer was getting 'too nice' ...great to see bad boy Sawyer back

Comment

Had Jack and Locke distributed the weapons and trained everyone to use them this situation would've been diffused. There's no need for Jack's "army", just simple firearm safety training and shooting instruction for those who want it (which Locke and Sayid would seem to be the best to offer though for all we know there's a lifelong NRA member among the survivors).

Half of them would be dead right now. There have been too many times where people have been VERY upset with other survivors, and if access to them was too easy, and the person too emotional, someone could end up dead.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
            Half of them would be dead right now. There have been too many times where people have been VERY upset with other survivors, and if access to them was too easy, and the person too emotional, someone could end up dead.
            Half of them? Please.

By the time the weapons were discovered many of those events you mentioned had been resolved. When the weapons were discovered everyone should have been notified and those with training should've taken it upon themselves to train the others and then allow for an even distribution of the weapons.

The little society they have going on there is already disgusting as it is. Jack is a damn emperor, forcing his own decisions upon everyone else. There's no voting or discussion on issues; Jack and Locke just hide information from each and from everyone else. Were I in a situation like you can be damned sure that there would be some kind of democratic process to make decisions and choose leaders.

Then again that wouldn't make for interesting storylines.

Comment

Working...
            X