This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard on Earth

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but it's something I've been wondering about.
    *Spoilers for SG-1 Season 2 and 3 follow*:

If the Asgard, as they say, have visited Earth many times, then it would appear that they are indeed the source of the various "Roswell" theories that have arisen over the years.

All very well, but it does beg the question: Where does this leave the old X-files style conspiracy theory/alien abduction stories? Are the Asgard really responsible for abducting countless rednecks and doing experiments on them? Have they given anyone an anal probe? Are they responsible for all the UFO sightings over the years? What were they doing on Earth, exactly?

And of course, the biggest question of all: Assuming the famous Roswell "alien autopsy" videos were authentic, wouldn't the Asgard be slightly pissed that we secretly killed and mutilated two of their kind?

Actually, that would be a good idea for an episode... the Asgard somehow see the Roswell autopsy footage and decide to terminate all relations with Earth due to what we did to them all those years ago...

Anyone have any idea?

It would seem as though the asgard had been responsible for everything, considering that it happened to Jack in season 6. As for the asgard being pissed about us potentially mutilating one of their own, what can they really be mad about when they're taking people for earth and cloning them? They really wouldn't be in a position to complain.

Comment

They have abducted Humans many times, inorder to get a better grasp on what we are doing and how we are evolving. Were this whole anal probing thing came from is unknown, seeing as how the Asgard would have no need for such cruel measures.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Mini-Spoilers: Season 7.

The Asgard are responsible for the human abductions...it just wasn't Thor who did it. I would say that Loki was to blame, seeing as how he admitted to abducting humans in the past. Not to meantion that Daniel found accounts of alien abductions, that matched the one mini-Jack had, on other people.

As for the autopsy, well they were technically dead at the time so we didn't kill them. We just chopped them up to see what they look like inside.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          They have abducted Humans many times, inorder to get a better grasp on what we are doing and how we are evolving. Were this whole anal probing thing came from is unknown, seeing as how the Asgard would have no need for such cruel measures.
          LOL!!! I had to laugh so hard at this one... especially when I imagined Thor reading your last sentence. That was so funny..

The answer, of course, is Loki -- as he is the Norse God of Mischief, and then some. In mythology, he has done some "damn distasteful" things, and if by "mischief" you mean "Tom Green-style jokes about the tushy", then it must have been Loki and any other renegade allies he had carrying out those anal probe *experiments*!

Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Loki is the one that did it "illegally" now, but in the past I think the Asgard, even Thor, oked it because they were seeing how we were evolving and to see if we could help their cloning problems.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

You're mixing shows and you can't be sure that it's actually the Asgard.

There are other aliens, whether out (real) gov't will admit to it or not, that visit earth...

Comment

Working...
              X