This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I post a hyperlink?

How do I post a word or sentence as a hyperlink without actually having to post the entire URL?
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

You type:

[url="http://www.gateworld.net"]Click here for the GW homepage[/url]

(The bits in black are compulsory, the red bit is the url and the green is the text of your link.)

And it comes out Click here for the GW homepage
    Last edited by Madeleine; 11 October 2005, 12:26 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed!
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Ah...*Ancient 1 becomes even more enlightened*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

So how do you get a hyperlink to your signature(picture)?So if you go with your mouse to the picture in your signature you click on the picture and it goes to the website you created
          Lord Zedd

Comment

I done that and it works in a post but not in my sig (apart from the first one), I tried it many times but I get the code and the address as well as the name. I would put what I done but it doesn't matter how I mess it up it works in the post. What can I do?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
              So how do you get a hyperlink to your signature(picture)?So if you go with your mouse to the picture in your signature you click on the picture and it goes to the website you created
              Its nearly the same as posting a picture...
              this is the way it'll look(minus the spaces)
              [ URL=www.gateworld.net][IMG]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3757/4041bv.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]
              and this is what you get

Its easy enough
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I was wondering why we can't post words for a hyperlink anymore. Before we changed over I could press the 'insert link' picture, and a box would pop up asking for the wording to be used. Then it would change to the box for the url. It doesn't seem to do this anymore, as it just asks for the url. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong (it wouldn't be the first time!). Can someone help me, please?
                sigpic

Comment

You mean you can't have a name for a link instead of just the web address showing? If so, I'm having the same prob with threads that ppl didnt post in for a few weeks or so. It works with more recent posts.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    I was wondering why we can't post words for a hyperlink anymore. Before we changed over I could press the 'insert link' picture, and a box would pop up asking for the wording to be used. Then it would change to the box for the url. It doesn't seem to do this anymore, as it just asks for the url. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong (it wouldn't be the first time!). Can someone help me, please?
                    Your not doing anything wrong... when you insert the link you will get the a highlighted area like this [ URL="http://forum.gateworld.net"]http://forum.gateworld.net[/URL]
                    ..................................................^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    You edit the highlighted area to whatever you want
                    [ URL="http://forum.gateworld.net "]The Best Stargate Forum[/URL]
                    and it turns out like
                    The Best Stargate Forum
                    Hope this helps
                    Sorry if i didnt explain it properly...im not that good at explaining things

Comment

I done that with older threads but it doesn't work. Maybe threads that are a few weeks old arn't supposed to be linked to sigs.
                      sigpic

Comment

It works perfect for me
                        I suggest you ask the mods if you cant get it to work

Comment

Thanks, but I never had to insert anything into the url before. There used to be a box where you wrote the wording of the link, eg "click here", and then another box would appear where you put the actual link. The forum software did all the hard work. I just wondered why it doesn't do this now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            Thanks, but I never had to insert anything into the url before. There used to be a box where you wrote the wording of the link, eg "click here", and then another box would appear where you put the actual link. The forum software did all the hard work. I just wondered why it doesn't do this now.
                            I think that the new forum software doesnt do it that way...but it does highlight the area where you can edit

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                              I think that the new forum software doesnt do it that way...but it does highlight the area where you can edit
                              Thanks Eoin, I understand what to do now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X