This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pasankoon
    The shield in 'defiant one' was certainly ancient in design. The wraith do not even have shield technology there is no way a lone wraith soldier would have been able to come up with a shield to defend an enemy ship when their whole empire cant even do that to their own ships. How could the wraith who are far behind the ancients technologically install something the ancients themselves did not install in their puddle jumpers. The shield definitely is a modified function of the puddle jumper. The thing that blocked the asguard beams are most likely to have been a frequency jammer. An action that even the Tau'ri are capable of doing (the episode 'Chimera' S-7).
    i dont argue with your logic but Im just going on what the executive producer and a writer of the show stated. Although if it was a PJ shield there is no way a wraith could have activated it with out the gene. Also the wraith didn't need to modify the jumper to install a shield generator from his own ship.
    They definetly have shield tech tho as evidenced by the canopy on the wraith darts.

Comment

IMO, the puddle jumper was just a small transport vessel. ment to travel beween worlds trough the gate, deliver people or supplies.
      hence why it only carries limited ammount of offensive weapons. the shields may have just been a means of protection for while the PJ landed on a planet to get people or other stuff. not really ment to handle combat.

this would explain why there were a large number of PJs in atlantis jumper bay, the last time the ancients where in atlantis, is when they were trying to get everybody from all there inhabited plannets trough out the pegasus galaxy back to atlantis so they could all gate back to earth ("while i sleep").

PJs not ment for combat, just small transport. all fighters (if any) that the ancients had were in battle, so if there were any left on atlantis, there may only be one or two, and they may be heavaly damaged.

so basicly, if this is the case, the shield may just be a ... "car alarm" or "theift protection" kinda like the 'club'
      Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
      (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by pileofcrap
        Oddly though, he somehow seemed to program it into a wristband he was wearing, which I find weird.
        Isn't the wristband Ancient technology? I thought it was on the ship already, and he just took it to control the shields. I mean, haven't we already seen the Atlantis teams using a wristband to activate/deactivate the cloak from outside the ship? If this Wraith converted the cloak into a shield (which we now know is possible), then it would make sense that he could still control it with the wristband. At least, that's what I would expect....
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
          Isn't the wristband Ancient technology? I thought it was on the ship already, and he just took it to control the shields. I mean, haven't we already seen the Atlantis teams using a wristband to activate/deactivate the cloak from outside the ship? If this Wraith converted the cloak into a shield (which we now know is possible), then it would make sense that he could still control it with the wristband. At least, that's what I would expect....

Honestly, I dont remember. I didnt see him with it on before, I didnt see it in the ship. So you may be right.

Comment

The remote used to activate the shields was most likely the same ancient remote used to remotely to activate the cloak.

Comment

At the start of Atlantis epidode 1 season 1 wasn't there a scene of a puddle jumper cruising through the water to atlantis on the seabed (an also in the opening credits in the past)? If so doesn't that mean that the Atlantians used the shields and the puddle jumpers under water?

Also what about in the alternate reality at the start of "before I sleep" where the city gets flooded how did the jumpers get out, did they figure out how to use the shields in time or wasn't it explained?

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                At the start of Atlantis epidode 1 season 1 wasn't there a scene of a puddle jumper cruising through the water to atlantis on the seabed (an also in the opening credits in the past)? If so doesn't that mean that the Atlantians used the shields and the puddle jumpers under water?

Also what about in the alternate reality at the start of "before I sleep" where the city gets flooded how did the jumpers get out, did they figure out how to use the shields in time or wasn't it explained?

no. in the Ep 1, you see atlantis in Antarctica , so the ship is just flying trought cold air, (the shield is on to maintain the atmosphear in atlantis i would presume).

and in "before i sleep", when shep. sits down in the jumper, he was probally thinking " man, this is the city of the ancients, where are they" so the jumper thought that he wanted to see them, so it activated the time device, and it took him there. reason why the puddle jumper was suddenly outside of atlantis is probally the fact that 10,000 years ago, the plannet wasn't in the same posistion. so it (PJ) technicly was at the same exact point in space, but the planet wasnt.
                (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Comment

A right cool that clears it up a bit thanks

Comment

If you watch the DVD commentary for the defiant one they say that it is a wraith shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
                      It has been established that the Puddle Jumper systems can be manually manupulated to activate its shield systems as shown in the 'defiant one'. However why hasn't anyone ever attempted to bring them online ever again. If Mcay is anywhere near as good as he thinks he is surely he could activate a the PJ's shield function so that people with the ATA gene can use it.
                      Well why aint it activated when shep is flying the PJ? its kinda somethin that goes round your head when your been fired at

Comment

well, as i said, "IF" its a true puddle jumper shield. its not powerful. mainly just ment as a 'anti theft device'.

as others may have said, it was probally a wraith shield. if so, then the wraith have proven that they know much about ancient tech, and know how to hack it.

Comment

Working...
                        X