Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Episodes of Season 2 (Don't click if you haven't finished Season 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Episodes of Season 2 (Don't click if you haven't finished Season 2)

Now that Season 2 is over in Canada and I watched Allies last nite after getting raped on my math 152 midterm *tears*, I went back and looked through the episodes and the best eps of Season 2 IMO were:
    • 2x04 Duet - LMAO. Cadman in Rodney. Great as hell. And then Rodney finding himself naked in Cadman's bed and not being able to move his legs. And especially the last part where Cadman-Rodney grabs Carson and kisses him.
    • 2x06 Trinity - I thought this was great because we actually explored a new weapon/power source(other than the ZPM). And also I will never forget the last little bit where Wier yells at Rodney: "You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!!!!" Rodney: "Well No.. 5/6ths..." Wier: "Rodney, will you give your ego a rest for 1 second?"
    • 2x09 Aurora - The fact that there's still an ancient warship out there with people half living in statis pods connected in a Virtual Reality was great! And that the 1st officer turned out to be a Wraith made it even better.
    • 2x12 Epiphany - We were able to actually speak with and watch a group of people on the road to ascension and actually ascending. It would have been so cool if Sheppard ascended and became a Chaya/Athar. That way he could automatically kill the Hives when they came near Atlantis. Also he would still be able to be part of the team, only Ascended-ized. Not only that, it would be a follow-up to the Chaya episode and give it some meaning, so it's not a random ep.
    • 2x13 Critical Mass - Hehe. Gould'ed Caldwell. He was originally on my list but then it seemed like he was toned down a bit, more like he didn't defy Wier that much throughout the season. But then I was like "OMG. Caldwell is part of the Trust" when he got beamed down.
    • 2x15 The Tower - Feudal Society with an Atlantis sister city buried through the years. I also loved how the 'noble blood' was incorporated into this. To be a noble, you had to have the Ancient gene... that was just a great analogy to our past.
    • 2x19 Inferno - This episode was a follow-up to Aurora making it interesting. Not only that, the usage of geothermal power to power the shield and the base was intriguing. And then the Stargate melting in the magma. The Hippofraggis- sister ship of the Aurora, now called the Orion. Now we actually have an ancient warship at our disposal.
    Last edited by Xanderic; 04 February 2006, 06:05 PM.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

For me its,

All Excellent eps IMO
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The Siege Part 3
      The Intruder
      Duet
      Conversion
      Aurora
      Critical Mass
      Grace Under Pressure
      Coup d'Etat
      Michael
      Inferno <---Favorite!!
      Allies

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
        For me its,

All Excellent eps IMO
        fugly I forgot about Duet *wacks head* How can I forget about Duet!?!?!?! The female Rodney! I'll add that after this post.

There were parts of 2x01, 2x05, 2x11, and 2x20 I loved but the entire episodes in general weren't as great. In 2x01 The Siege III, the part where Ford is found; 2x05 Condemned, the Wraith eating food; 2x11, the wraith hives destroying each other because of Shep's cool thinking; 2x20 Allies The Michael/Teyla Reunion.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

My faves in no order:

Coup d'Etat (best ep of the season)
          Michael
          Allies
          Duet
          Trinity

Comment

Mine would have to be:

Seige3
            Duet
            Aurora
            Hive
            Epiphany
            Critical Mass
            The Long Goodbye
            Micheal
            Inferno Allies
            sigpic

Comment

So far for this season
              Seige part 3 - Great conclusion to a awesome cliffhanger

Runner- I thought it was good to add a character the the wraith COULDN'T feed upon.

Aurora- Just mad the ship was lost

The hive- Wraith worshipers. Thats scary. Sheppard: You have another knife? Ronon:yeah how many you need? lol or something like that. Good to see Sheppard planting the seeds of distrust within the wraith. quick thinking

Grace under pressure- Just because we been on a planet where it is majority of water, we finally see sea life. Oh and Samantha all wet! Other then that just an hour of mckay complaining and gabbing about how smart he is.

critical mass- Hermoid: Dr. Kavanagh
              Kavanagh:yes?
              Hermoid: Stop talking now. Asgard for shut up lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor 1
                Oh and Samantha all wet!
                And that's not reason enough...?
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

201 - The Seige III (The Highpoint of the Entire Season)

205 - Condemned (New Culture - that seems to be doing well with the Wraith around)

206 - Trinity (Alkaline Batteries. And as was mentioned earlier - the Dialogue Between Mckay and Wier... lmao)

207 - Instinct (Finally, Something that looked like they can take a punch or two at the wraith - instead of running)

208 - Conversion (Talk about a backhand slap on the plan)

209 - Aurora (Finally some Lantian Muscle. Very Well Done. And not all Ancients were really dead...)

213 - Critical mass

214 - Grace Under Pressure (although this one seemed to be more of a filler Ep. But who cannot help but love the Marine life shot?!)

217 - Coupe D'Etat (More of the Genii Arc. Nice twists.)

219 - Inferno (they got an Aurora Class Vessel! But what was the purpose of the outpost? )

220 - Allies (So... Will they reach... ???)

Some nice peices (that they coulda done a better job/backstory on):

215 - The Tower. It seemed as if they just decided - "Let's use the City Prop in an episode such that it is not Atlantis - It sounds cool!". I could be wrong - I hope there is some meaning behind the sister City (that is yet to be discovered - along with the Name of the Sister City)

219 - Wanted More Scenes with the 'Orion'

220 - I liked the Shot of the Aurora in the Beginning... I wished I could have seen more of the Ship. Something tells me that they are either working on the fine details of the ship - or there is something great (in its design) that is yet to be discovered. Wanted More scenes of the Orion
                  Last edited by TheDanielJackson; 08 February 2006, 04:38 AM.
                  McKay: Oh, come on - I understand that you are an Asgard and everything! But even you've got to feel a bit of an Adrenaline buzz

Hermiod: My Body does not possess the adrenal gland that produces Epinephrine. And even if I did, I would not be as easily Impressed

McKay: I get, I get it. You think you're smarter than I am. You ready to go or not?

Hermiod: I have been for some time

(Meanwhile, Back in the Milky way - )

Comment

Liked season 2 as much as season 1, no qualms about it really.

My top picks are:
                    • 2x01 The Seige -- Season opener to a thrilling cliffhanger, what else can I say?
                    • 2x04 Duet -- Humerous episode this one, loved it from the start!
                    • 2x05 Condemned -- Interesting look at civilisation mostly untouched by the Wraith, never knew they actually can eat food as adults!
                    • 2x14 Grace Under Pressure -- The scripwriters were pretty good with this episode!
                    • 2x18 Coup D'etat -- Excellent excellent excellent! Not sure why but I always like episodes with the Genii.
                    • 2x19 Inferno -- On same par with the previous episode.

The rest of the shows are pretty nice to watch, except for just one episode -- that's The Long Goodbye. That episode was very hard to watch, though it did manage to get interesting only at the end.

Also was a little irked by the fact that they just redecorated the sets to be used for The Tower. =\

Comment

In my opinion, this season was better than the first one.

My favorite:
                      2.01 Siege 3 - Introduction of Caldwell, Hermiod, Sheppard is rescued and Ford is found...

2.04 Duet - I absolutely love this ep. And I want to see Cadman again, she is fun to have around.

2.09 Aurora - Great episode, like the uniforms and Sheppard and McKay interaction.

2.13 Critical Mass - One my favorite. It has suspense, Teyla singing, Caldwell, Cadman and also Kavannaugh

2.14 Grace under Pressure - Sam and McKay. Great. And David Hewlett is fabulous actor.

2.16 The Long Goodbye - Caldwell interaction with others, and Weir finally have to do something!

2.17 Coup d´Etat - Genii. Who don´t love them?

2.18 Michael - Good episode. I like Connor Trinner.

2.19 Inferno - I was watching it with my mouth wide open like when I was watching Reckoning - absolutely perfect.

2.20 Allies - Good episode, building for a great conclusion next season, I hope.
                      Dogs are my favorite people.
                      If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

In order from best to last (IMO, of course)

Critical Mass
                        Inferno
                        Lost Boys
                        Siege 3 (Could have been alot higher, but it all felt so rushed)
                        Allies
                        Michael
                        Coup D'etat
                        Duet
                        Runner
                        Intruder
                        Aurora
                        The Long Goodbye
                        Condemned
                        The Hive
                        Trinity
                        Grace Under Pressure
                        Instinct
                        Conversion
                        Epiphany
                        The Tower

Comment

Far and away, best episodes:

201 - The Siege, Part III
                          213 - Critical Mass
                          217 - Coup d'Etat
                          218 - Michael
                          220 - Allies

By and large, a much better season than the first one. Except for The Tower. Blech.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Im loving the Long Goodbye, Trinity, Runner, and The Hive so far

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                            X