X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the ships, I jus wonder why we couldn't put lazers on them
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The thing that annoys me is that tptb seem to be relying ever more on "oh dear, a terrible problem, wait, the oddysee (or deadalus) will be here just in time to beam us out before those bullets hit us." Take the last two episodes for example, in "The scourge" they were just about to get eaten and in "Off the grid" they were being executed.

This means that the characters no longer need to think of clever ways out of each situation, as a ship will arrive in an hour or so to pick them up.

In that sence more ships would be a bad thing, as it would mean they use it as an escape method even more.
      If at first you don't succeed.... try a bigger thermo-nuclear reaction

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
        I could'nt agree more.

Spoilers: Once the Korelev is destroyed and now that the Prometheus has gone we will only have The Daedy, the oddy, and the orion left. That sure ain't a fleet.
        Where does the
        Spoiler:
        Korelev and the orion come in to play? in the next 3 episodes?
        sigpic
        Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          im all for lasers, but that will seem too much like star trek, another fave series of mine. lasers=phasers, and remember feldgers "Photon Torpedo" from Avenger 2.0 from season 8. this series is SG-1, not Star Trek. Sorry for dissing ST.
          sigpic
          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
            Shining a beam of light on an enemy ship wouldn't be very helpful.

Comment

like I said in a another thread big honking 350mm[14-18 inch] tungsten or depleted uranium cored railgun round... high mass + high velocity= shield penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by norbe
                The thing that annoys me is that tptb seem to be relying ever more on "oh dear, a terrible problem, wait, the oddysee (or deadalus) will be here just in time to beam us out before those bullets hit us." Take the last two episodes for example, in "The scourge" they were just about to get eaten and in "Off the grid" they were being executed.

This means that the characters no longer need to think of clever ways out of each situation, as a ship will arrive in an hour or so to pick them up.

In that sence more ships would be a bad thing, as it would mean they use it as an escape method even more.
                Yeah i agree. I like the ships except for this small problem. SG1 are stuck on a planet. They are two hours past the deadline to check back in. General Landry say

"Send out the Odyssey/Prometheus"

From that sentance you know just whats going to happen. They are about to die, however at the last second they are beamed onboard the ship.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I'm sure they would rather think their way out by themselves but this episode was set up this way to emphasize the danger of this new enemy they're facing.

Comment

i agree with the sentiment of the orig thread but the thing that ticks me off...is before the battlecruisers if you couldnt get to the gate you were screwed....to me it added a desperate quality to the show....now its like oh well wait a few days we will be beamed up...2 times in the last couple eps thats happened.
                    jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

I like having the ships also, i like both options... and with out ships how do you get to planets that don’t have gates? And what about civilizations that don’t have gates? i think they have a key role in the show. And as for not having ships its human nature to have multiple items that do things... at all ok people give up your bikes and cars and planes... you have 2 legs so that’s is all you need. Ok and you don’t need microwaves and ovens you have a camp fire. I think it would only be natural to have ships and i think they do a good job balancing the two with in the episodes... it not like star trek where is all on board a ship and nothing else…
                      LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                      "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Working...
                      X