X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many ways are there to ascension?

Ascsension is living on a higher plane of existance. I made a list:

1) Get ascended by another one already ascended, like what Oma did to daniel and anubis

2) Use an ancient device to artificially accelerate your own genetic evoution, like when anubis did to khalek in Prototype

3) Spend a lot of time meditating, like in Ephiphany (not sure about this one, coz the time dilation device means the people had more time to evolve)

4) The Ori method. During the 4th Horsemen, a descended orlin told Daniel that the ancients followed science and the ori became religious and that the Ori got their power from worship. Again, I'm not sure about this theory.

Does the 4th theory means that the Ori became ascended from finding a way to transfer energy from a human's worship or they ascended first and then increased or maintained their power through worship?

So if SG-1 finds a way to expose the Ori for the liars they are to the entire human population of the Ori galaxy and the humans there stop worshipping, does that mean the Ori will lose much of their powers and maybe even descend back to a physical form?

I remember Anubis telling Daniel in the diner in "threads" that there are many planes of existance between physical existance and ascension. Could it be that the ori are no longer in physical form, but just not on the same level of ascension as the ancients are? Maybe the Ori use worship as a "short-cut" method to increase their power to match that of the ancients, cause their powers seem to be on the same level, since the Ori can't interfere directly in the Milky Way galaxy coz they're being blocked by the ancients

Nothing has been said to indicate that the Ori found an alternative way to ascension.

Comment

That is true. i was just making groundless speculation

Comment

Also there's no reason to think they were drawing power from worshippers before they ascended.
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Besides, I've always thought that the Ori went mad with power and BECAME evil ascended beings AFTER ascending.

Comment

I only wanted to know if ascension was a mental process (spiritual enlightment,ephiphany etc) or a physical process (genetic engineering, Khalek's case, etc)

Comment

As far as we know: BOTH. The sanctuary in "Epiphany" was created for people to meditate in order to reach Ascension (without Oma's help). The inscription said so.

It wasn't created to trap people to shag like minks to create offspring and pray that they mutate and evolve >_>'.

Comment

What we know for sure is that you need 80-90% brain activity(something in that range I can't remeber the exact # right now though) for willful accension.

Oh and Didn't Oma help Daniel short cut his way to a spiritual Accension just by giving him 'hints' in order to skip the years of meditation that was needed in Ephiphany.
                I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

How exactly did Anubis ascend?
                  I now he tricked Oma and all that but how do you trick someone who can see virtually everying?

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Comment

I now he tricked Oma and all that but how do you trick someone who can see virtually everying?

Having 'knowledge of the universe', as in the way things work and such, is different from literally knowing all there is.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Working...
                    X