Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Asgard /Earth showing signs of strain? ( Like Earth/Tok'ra?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Asgard /Earth showing signs of strain? ( Like Earth/Tok'ra?)

Are the Asgard /Earth showing sign of strain? Like with the Tok’ra ?

Now the war with Goa’uld is almost over, Asgard is still helping us against the Prior and the Wraith.
    But are the Earth/Asgard relations showing sign of strain.

Remember the Earth/Tok’ra alliance , we help them out and they help us out, somewhere along the line.
    The Tok’ra use us and we use them. We are still friend with them ,but they didn’t trust Earth , they believe Earth use them to get technologies, and the Tok’ra high council even kept Selmak/Jacob out of their inner circle .

Asgard always see human as primitive race but with great potentials.
    They didn’t give us offence weapon, because they were afraid of us.
    It was Sam’s mistake that allow RepliCarter steals the Ancient Weapon.
    It was the rogue NID who steal from Asgard worlds.
    The Asgard saw what SG1 is capable of, in “Ripple Effect “ the other SG1 were trying to steal from other universe.

In episode ”Ripple Effect” the new Asgard Guy told Sam that the weapon was only on loan, they want it back.
    I think the Asgard is getting cautious in their dealing with Earth.

The Asgard advisor HERMIOD adjust the Transport beam to deliver warhead in SGA “The Siege” But it seems that wasn’t a onetime thing. Because Captain Caldwell has been trying to deliver warhead this way time and time again even though the Wraith has a jamming program against the Asgard beam.
    Instead of finding new way to deliever warhead,he continue to try to use the teleport to deliver the warhead.

I wonder if other BC-303 can also deliver warhead this way.
    SGA spoiler "Allies"
    Mckay and Heriod are working on a way to bypass the Wraith jamming program.So they could deliver warhead onto their ship*

Asgard already gave Earth the Asgard hyperdrive, shield, and teleport beam.

In a way Earth has a new offence weapon, they can beam warhead to anywhere, except places with things like Goa’uld shield or Wraith jamming device .That is kind of dangerous.

Maybe
    Spoiler:
    Goa'uld caldwell was trying to
    strain the alliance.

Comment

I have been noticing this during this Season... alot of strain.

Mattathias

Comment

i think so for thor not to come personally like he always did

asgard high council prolly pulling a selmak on thor

Comment

Personally, I haven't noticed a whole lot of strain. I just think the Asgard have a lot on their plate. They want to help us, but they have their own problems to deal with (mainly the survival of their species).
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Also we cannot not use the weapons, because the asguard put some kind of safe guards in place to stop from useing them as weapons, only the asguard hermoid could over ride, and he did that because he did not want to get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Personally, I haven't noticed a whole lot of strain. I just think the Asgard have a lot on their plate. They want to help us, but they have their own problems to deal with (mainly the survival of their species).
              I really haven't noticed anything either for the reason you stated. I have noticed Thor has been absent for awhile.

Comment

i think the asgard are fine, they just as someone has said a bit full. they have said they would commit all spare resources and to be fair they have stepped up alot, hyperdrive, shields and trasporter tech, sensors and an argard per ship...whats actually left for us to do, the hull, sublight drives and weapons...arnt we being selfish?
                also the asgard may be fighting the orii, or another threat, perhaps fighting the hotzone virus ppl, which would bring the asgard into SGA more.
                i think the asgard will be major players in the later S9 eps and all of S10...lets face it if the orii bring massive ships through, what are we adn the FJN actually gunna do, we can blow gates up and they can blow themselves up but blowing the orii up is thors game.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Yeah i agree, I don't think there has been any strain and relations have remained the same more or less. And personally I wouldnt blame them about not giving us weapons and the rest of their tech. If it was earth giving tech to another human civilisation lower in the tech tree i think we would do the same thing almost.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I don't see it as necessarily being a strain. Different Asgard have diferent personalities. We are just seeing different interactions base on different member of their race. There hesitancy to give us too much too soon is natural. The Tollans didn't want to give us anything based on their past experiances in sharing technology. So by far the Asgard have been far more helpful than any of our other allies. BUt they have got their plates full as well. As for where is Supreme Commander Thor? Well he is Supreme Commander after all so I'm sure his plate is pretty full as well.
                    Teal'c "I killed you"
                    Daniel "Why?"
                    Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                    Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

I dont think the relationship is strained they are taking the same stance that they have always taken when giving earth tech. Very tenative. As said they have done a lot to help us out. But like earth they are hesitent to give tech to a less advanced race and I think that is what is being noticed.

Comment

Hopefully the asguard haven't been infulced by the ori to ingore use.

part of the strain might be from trying to help use without the prior knowing that there are.

also the ori can offer them power a fix to there cloneing probelm and salvation which is something there need badly
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

No, I don't think there's any strain. The reasons you've stated never really struck me as such.

I love Thor but I'm kinda glad there've been other Asgards coming in, just so we can see their personalities on an individual basis. And as donniepw stated, he is SC to the entire race. Not to mention that he was in a completely different galaxy at the time Earth requested their help.

I never expected them to let us keep the time dialation device. It's a powerful device and the only time the Asgard have given us tech is when we've helped them out of sticky situations. This has always been the case.

Not to mention that the Asgard aren't afraid of us, so that wouldn't be a reason why we don't get offensive weapons from them. They could demolish us if they wanted given their tech advantage. Like they (and every other tech advanced race has) said early in the show, we are young and primitive. They would never want to run the risk of us using that same tech against our own people due to our "petty" differences and wars.

They might have witnessed an alternate SG-1 doing bad, but I remember a particular Loki breaking Asgard laws by kidnapping, testing, and cloning humans. I think both races knows that each isn't perfect and accepts that. Besides, the Tokra broke away from us because we chose to fight the war differently, and at the cost of many Tokra lives. They broke away for the sake of self preservation, not distrust.
                          I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                          - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Thor's position in the Asgard hierarchy is problably their equivalent to Secretary of Defense or Secratary of the Joint Chiefs. It makes sense that if all the Asgard in question has to do is drop off a new piece of tech or act as a mechanic if something goes wrong with the hyperdrive that he'd send someone else.
                            Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I don't think that is an accurate assessment of the alliance. We have helped each other with the Asgard than what was ever done with the Tok'ra. As stated, the Asgard have a lot on their plate with trying to rebuild their civilization and also the potentional conflict where Thor was attending to 'sensative matters' in Ripple Effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X