Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why they won't be the new enemies in Season 10 (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why they won't be the new enemies in Season 10 (SPOILERS)

Read the title. Take note that there are SPOILERS in this thread.

SPOILERS AHEAD

And with that out of the way. I have a good reason that the Wraith won't appear in early SG-1 to be annhilated. The entire plotline of the two hive ships going to the Milky Way is an ATLANTIS PLOT. Unless both shows air concurrent episodes (which would be cool, but very unlikely as the shows are out of sync, we'd be seeing Buffy/Angel type ****-ups here), there is no way in Sokar that TPTB would make the Wraith threat get resolved in S10. I can definitely see the Wraith maybe being mentioned at the start of the season, but definitely not a resolution or a great battle.

I think that if teh Wraith really do make it to the Milky Way, or even Earth, then they will be dealt with in S3 of Atlantis. There's nothing to stop SG-1 type characters from appearing on the border of the MW galaxy to wipe out the Wraith ships... it'd have a whole "Alpha Quadrant border" feel to it... kinda like Voyager.

On that note... isn't it amazing how far ahead Stargate is compared to Star Trek? Star Trek all takes place in the one galaxy...

Yeah, I agree - any major Wraith plotlines have to be an Atlantis story. Although i'd have no objections in seeing SG-1 characters crossing over to help out if the story required it (i'd love to see Teal'c and Ronan fighting side by side ... hehe).

Now if a battle should happen to happen in the MW, and a Wraith dart or two end up escaping, then i wouldn't mind those particular Wraith appearing in an SG-1 episode (
    Spoiler:
    a bit like the Goa'uld
    in Atlantis's Critical Mass).
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yeah, that would actually be pretty cool

MMm, imagine a Wraith in a forrest kinda thing... preying on passing folk... SG-1 being nearby and investigating the disturbance. I like

Comment

Although I don’t doubt that it they shall meet some day, this is not their season. TPTB need to grow deeper in explaining the wraith before they get there. As ugly as the wraith might look as villains (Mike didn’t look bad with the sort hair) they are the ones that PWNED the ancients in the Pegasus galaxy. The Go’auld built their empire uncontested. They wouldn’t have stood a chance against the Ancients.
        When they show up they will explain the inconsistency of the episodes, as the 3-4 week delay to fly with a ship from galaxy to galaxy, as well as it’s SGC issue now and Atlantis should just go on with what they were doing in the Pegasus galaxy as usual. They can’t do anything else anymore. Just find a ( or * THE * ) weakness that will help earth defend against them.
        . . . .. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Enokrad
          Although I don’t doubt that it they shall meet some day, this is not their season. TPTB need to grow deeper in explaining the wraith before they get there. As ugly as the wraith might look as villains (Mike didn’t look bad with the sort hair) they are the ones that PWNED the ancients in the Pegasus galaxy. The Go’auld built their empire uncontested. They wouldn’t have stood a chance against the Ancients....

I don't know about that one, I mean the Ancients being so close to human physiology. Whose to say That a Goa'uld couldn't just take over an Ancient’s body and raise all kinds of hell. I mean suspect that most of the Ancients were long gone when the Goa'uld showed up but just think if they could take an Ancient host all the knowledge that they would have from just the Ancient alone not including all of the knowledge that they already stole now that would be one bad Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
            I don't know about that one, I mean the Ancients being so close to human physiology. Whose to say That a Goa'uld couldn't just take over an Ancient’s body and raise all kinds of hell. I mean suspect that most of the Ancients were long gone when the Goa'uld showed up but just think if they could take an Ancient host all the knowledge that they would have from just the Ancient alone not including all of the knowledge that they already stole now that would be one bad Goa'uld.

Mmm, kinda like an Andelite with a yerrk inside. *nods*

Comment

That was why Anubis, Nerrti and other Goa'uld wanted to a Hok'Taur for a host. An advanced human, basically something like an Ancient.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                well i thought about that. But what came to mind is that if the goa'uld had taken an ancient as a host, they would have been able to use ancient technology as well as read their writing. The only one with the ancient knowlage to date has been Anubis and that was because he had once ascended
                . . . .. . . .

Comment

This thread is a discussion about whether or not the Wraith would come to the MW. Please try to direct your disscussions in that direction thanks

Comment

SG-1 can have a story line with the Wraith. We can go to a planet by Ship because the Ancients destroyed ALL of the gates in that quadrant in space. Then when we get there we find out that before they destoyed the gates the also destroyed everything living. (but of course by now there is vegitation) and that is what the Weapon on Dekara was for and the Weapon on that other planet that destroys Stargates.
                    When we get there we find a Hive ship hibernating!!!!!! The Wraith knew where the MY Galaxy was. That Queen just didn't share the info with anyone and they are just simply waiting to be woken up.

And then of course we blow the Sokar out of them in the last four minutes.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I'd rather see a single wraith like The Defiant One. It'd be weird to have a lot of Wraith in the MW.

Either that or make a re-occuring Ba'al type mentality wraith? Kinda like the guy who let those people live in Condemended (S2GA)

Comment

First of all...thats a major crossover between shows...which will not happen. They are kinda trying to keep SGA somewhat different from SG1. I am calling it. They get a hold of the SGC and let them know that the Wraith are on the way. The SGC then sends what remaining Asgard, Jaffa and Tauri ships that aren't currently in battle with the Ori and they destroy them. There are only 2 Hives...Its not like thats a huge number. 2 Hives for the Asgard should be cake. They also have the Earth outpost which would probably destroy 2 hive ships.

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf
                          Mmm, kinda like an Andelite with a yerrk inside. *nods*
                          Wow...I'd forgotten how strange Yeerks sounded when said...good book series

And yea, the idea of one or two Wraith haunting a village or something like The Defiant One rocks. I like that one. But I wouldnt want the Wraith being majorlyin SG-1
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

It would be nice if the Daedalus, with shep, ronan, and teyla, chased after them into the MW and almost to Earth and somehow get Ronan and McKay out of there before they destroy the hives with combined forces of the Odysessy and the Daedalus and maybe the the Korelev and maybe the asguard as well. Also it would give Ronan and Teyla a chance to see Earth. Teyla has seen Earth in Shep's memories but not the actual Earth itself. T'would be cool.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

i would like to see a wraith/goauld ship battle. we know the asgard can own them much like the alterrans used to. ori more so

Comment

Working...
                              X