This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Series plots/characters in RDM Series

Outside of the general canon of the show (including standard/regular characters) what episode plot points/characters have crept in to the new scripts?

Off the top of my head:

1. Pegasus surviving, rendez-vous-ing with the fleet

2. Ruins of Kobol helping to guide the fleet toward Earth

3. Boxey showing up in mini-series

What else?

Alot. The gods,the word toaster,MK II vipers.

Comment

Toaster is a good one.

The concept of "the gods", or the look of the Vipir's (where the known as MK II's in the original?) are both what I would consider "general canon of the show". They're part of the basic premise for each episode.

The Kobol/Pegasus episode plots seem to be singular plots borrowed from the original. The Boxey thing was just weird - I didn't recall that until rewatching the mini.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ringer
        Toaster is a good one.

The concept of "the gods", or the look of the Vipir's (where the known as MK II's in the original?) are both what I would consider "general canon of the show". They're part of the basic premise for each episode.

The Kobol/Pegasus episode plots seem to be singular plots borrowed from the original. The Boxey thing was just weird - I didn't recall that until rewatching the mini.
        Thank god they didn't bring back that stupid robot teddybear. Baltar has a relationship with the cylons in both. Not in the same way but he still has a relationship with them.

Comment

About Baltar's relationship with the Cylons, did anyone think at the end of "Ephiphanies" (I think that ep) that Baltar might like...turn more overtly bad...like no longer help the fleet and join the Cylons? Like, on their team like in TOS...?

Comment

Yep, I think that might be the implication of him helping out the "peace" movement lead by the Pegasus version of #6.

Comment

um, off the top of my head, the pyramid game is the same in both series, as are some of the ships in the fleet... gosh, this could be a long thread...

Comment

Triad and Pyramid are in the new one but the names however got switched

Comment

Working...
                X