Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lockdown vs. Hide and Seek (minor spoilers, I guess)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockdown vs. Hide and Seek (minor spoilers, I guess)

Anyone seen the commercials for "Lockdown" and "Hide and Seek"? I know, based on my knowledge of spoilers for "Lockdown" that the plots of the two shows probably won't be the same, but the commercials sure look awfully similar. Just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Even if the shows turn out to be quite different, TPTB and/or SciFi should probably try to avoid this in the future. I'm still quite excited for both shows, however.
    It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

lol i know I seen that and i was like hoyl crap the same thigns gonna hit both at once but it turns out i nthe newer commercials ones a giant shadow and ones a being that the already encountered. Im guessing it might be something like that native american spirits episode or that old guy sorry its been a while since ive seen those episodes and ionly memorise half the name
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I have seen them too. I could tell the difference.
      1. In Lockdown the enity went into the person.
      2. In Hide and Seek, the enity in the city was a shadow and growing.

To different shows that take place in the shows base of operations(the only similiarity, to me).

Comment

When I first saw the episodes preview at the end of Rising I thought... "Who the hell planned this?" because the shows most had something to do with mystery things like ghosts in the bases.

If they did it the right way then SG-1 would show there first half of the season, then Atlantis would start it's first half during the SG-1 break and so on. But no, we get two episodes that deal with almost the same thing.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          different shows that take place in the shows base of operations(the only similiarity, to me).
          I think they're far more similar than that. Both could be summarized as "creepy, shadowy, and probably alien entity threatens base"...it's not just that they both take place on the base. Now, there have been spoilers on what the entity is in "Lockdown", and presuming those are accurate, then I think that's your major difference right there. But the basic premise of each show is pretty similar.

Comment

I haven't read any spoilers for either episode, but I must admit that after seeing both commercials I thought the two were far too similar. On the bright side, however, that shadow creature from Atlantis does appear more interesting than another some invisible/out-of-phase/microscopic/undetectable force commandeers/invades/infects the cast/ship/computer turning friend into foe blah blah blah episode. The latter has just been used so much over the last 10 or so years it seems almost as boilerplate as a clip show.

Now if the writers decide to weave this into some backstory and creative continuity, I'll gladly eat my words.

Dave

Comment

I think because i have read spoilers on Lockdown, i would have to say i'm more interested in that, than Hide and Seek, but nevertheless, i'm still excited about both
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm also looking forward to Lockdown more than Hide and Seek.

Comment

Although i'm looking forward to Lockdown, i think theirs a mystery in Hide and Seek, we don't know what the heck that shadowy thing is, which imo, looks more mysterious than the problem in Lockdown.

Comment

I just want toknow who this alien force thingy is in Lockdown, the suspense is killing me. And this time, I want to try and wait untill the episode airs, before finding out via spoilers.

Comment

I haven't read spoilers for Hide and Seek, so i feel the way you do haha...

Comment

Me, I'm looking forward to both episodes about equally. But being Norwegian and Sci-Fi-less, I haven't seen any previews for Hide and Seek.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                          I just want toknow who this alien force thingy is in Lockdown, the suspense is killing me. And this time, I want to try and wait untill the episode airs, before finding out via spoilers.
                          Well, you've jinxed yourself now, obviously someone's gonna come in here and blurt out that its ... oops

Seriously, nobody post what the Lockdown thing is, be nice

Comment

The lockdown this is.......

hehehe, not going to tell, but last I hear it was only rumors....
                            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I'm looking forward to them equally until I have a reason to feel otherwise...

Comment

Working...
                              X