Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont believe it would be a typical wraith, because vampires focus more on the neck, but perhaps it was an evolution of the irratus(sp?) bug,

The Wraith ARE the evolution of the irratus bug when merged with human DNA. I guess it could be a different evolutionary path, but TV audiences don't usually like that kind of stuff.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
      There was a topic about Wraith and Vampires here a while back and i was saying that the idea of vampires also takes root in many other myths including Greek where it was said that Zeus or was it Hera who cursed a woman who became a vampire.

Also in some myths about vamps it was said that they could not cross water as it burnt them and compare it to the Wraith where the Iratus bug cannot stand salt water. The Wraith also appear to be nocturnal which could go to the idea of vampires hunting humans at night and sleeping at day.
      Actually, as the Wraith live in space, they could care less about night or day. It's constant... niday. >_>'

I think the most logical reason for culling at night is the "Surprise!" factor. People are asleep and they're all at home. During the day, they're out working and crap. Takes more effort to cull them during the day.

Originally posted by immhotep
      no no take it on step back, vlad was the first alteran to be turned by the iratus bug in to a wraith, he then stared the wraith specie by using alteran knowledge he already had...which was the first boost to the wraith, and they havent really progressed...the ancients took him out in order to stop the wraith getting more advanced and it worked but they just multipied so fast it overwhealmed them, even with less advanced tech they could multiply fast enoguh to counter the wraith...we know the rest.
      Only, Vlad lived a few hundred years ago, not a few thousand years ago.

Comment

Any discrepancy between the Wraith and vampires could easily be explained by the process in which mythology comes to be...tales passed down orally, altered every generation. I do think in the SG universe that the myths of vampires came from the ancients who fled back to Earth in 8000 BC.

Comment

Working...
        X