No announcement yet.

"Stargate Worlds" MMORPG Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who have played the beta say it is a great game.

They are just having money issues, I guess MGM is pouring all their stargate budget into making universe.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
      People who have played the beta say it is a great game.
      I've talked to a couple of people who've said just the opposite--that it's got the Stargate look, except that it really, really sucks.

I'm willing to withhold judgement, but after hearing that from a few beta testers plus it looking like crap, I'm not terribly confident.

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
      They are just having money issues, I guess MGM is pouring all their stargate budget into making universe.
      Please. Universe doesn't even factor into the equation; Stargate Worlds has been vapourware since before SGU was even conceived of. The sad reality of it is that they handed the license to an untested startup company and expected a miracle, but it just doesn't work that way.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The SG1 FPS The Alliance looked great back in what? 2005! I remember checking the website like crazy! Be the updates became slower and slower, and I slowly released the horror that was coming. The "C" word. Worlds looks odd to me, not like Stargate at all.

Comment

The Alliance did look cool. Damn cool, and reasonably technologically up to date too. I was pretty excited about it.

Shame it never saw the light of day, even as a post-cancellation leak.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have enjoyed all of the Stargates with since the beginning, I hope the game works out, I have a disabled 5 year old whose main interest is anything to do with stargate- he writes out the symbols when he should be spelling 'cat' etc. He would love a game, also some toys (collectibles are not safe for him, he chokes). Perhaps some people may not fall in love with the game, but there are some out there who it would mean the world to.-Not that that helps with profitability. Good Luck to everyone helping with the game!

Comment

Originally posted by gsmom View Post
              I have enjoyed all of the Stargates with since the beginning, I hope the game works out, I have a disabled 5 year old whose main interest is anything to do with stargate- he writes out the symbols when he should be spelling 'cat' etc. He would love a game, also some toys (collectibles are not safe for him, he chokes). Perhaps some people may not fall in love with the game, but there are some out there who it would mean the world to.-Not that that helps with profitability. Good Luck to everyone helping with the game!

Comment

Anyone out there hoping this game comes out within the next year? or their interim title they are working on?

What do you think of the game so far?

www.stargateworlds.com
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  The Alliance did look cool. Damn cool, and reasonably technologically up to date too. I was pretty excited about it.

Shame it never saw the light of day, even as a post-cancellation leak.
                  Hm, yes, and the cancellation destroyed Perception... but they got money from that

Thing is when (not going to say "if") Worlds comes out, it will take a year to come out here probably ... It's the way it works ...

Comment

Given that it's and MMO that needs servers, if it doesn't do well enough in the US and Europe it might never come out in Australia at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X