Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character Ages

Default Character Ages

How old are all of our favorite characters?

I know that there is a thread questioning Weir's age, but I'm also curious about everyone else's age as well.

I know Ford was 26 in season one of Atlantis, which means he's 27 now.

Default Re: Character Ages

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Eros

I know that there is a thread questioning Weir's age, but I'm also curious about everyone else's age as well.

Weir and Shep are both mid to late 30's. Ford and Teyla are approx. mid-20's. Joe Mallozzi once said Ronon was late 20's to early 30's but they never gave him an exact age.

As for the rest, I have no idea.

Weir was, in the first season of Atlantis, 35. The actress is a little younger than that, I believe. In the casting information, Sheppard was listed as 35-40. Given his promotion in the beginning of Season 2, 38 is just about the youngest he could possibly be at that point, due to the military's time-in-service requirements.

The others, as far as I know, are far more nebulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna
    Weir was, in the first season of Atlantis, 35. The actress is a little younger than that,
    I think Torri is 40 now.

I guess it depends on the actors age too, DH is 37 so I guess Rodney is around the same age, Joe Flanigan just turned 39 so I guess Sheppard is nearer that and well Paul McGillion is a puzzler, it is hard to get an exact dob for him but I have reason to believe he is nearer 40 then not...

If age of the actor has nothing to do with it, then your guess is as good as mine as I believe it is rarely if ever mentioned in canon.

First Lieutenant alfirin_kirinki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Eros

Actually, he wasn't - he turned twenty-six in December.

My favourite character is Stackhouse, and I've scoured the net trying to find out Boyan Vukelic's age to get some idea, but there's nothing out there. You may be surprised to hear that Joseph May, who played the baby-faced Sgt. Markham, is actually 32 this year, though.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...syoubanner.jpg
    Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Yeah in 'Childhoods End' Ford was listed as being 25, or so he said..he's got to be older now...probably 26. But he was also listed to be around that age or closer to 21, but also in 'Childhoods End' your led to believe that Teyla is older than 25, since Ford was said to be the youngest, but Teyla's bio as someone mentioned before has her between 20-25. Shep's bio says 40-45, I believe..which seemed a bit off..he seems a bit younger..probably more along the lines of 35 maybe?! I thought Weir's character was older than Shep..but I think their supposed to be around the same age. *Shrugs* In the end I mean who cares right?

If you watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer or did at one time, the girl who played Cordelia is like 36 or some thing at the time, and she was playing a virginal 16 year old...weird. Then you have the guy playing Spike over 40, when he was supposed to be younger than the Guy playing Angel and he himself was in his early 30s or something? So don't bother going through thoughs things.. I'm starting to think they sort of change the character ages to fit what they want to project even if the initial age was something....

Lieutenant Colonel

As age is a matter of the mind, not years, who really cares? Jack (RDA) is hot, and many here would consider him "old".....I just enjoy the characters and who cares about age? They are all hot!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Ronon Re: Character Ages

My favorite character is Vala but, I have no idea as to what her age is...she could be rather old being a host to a goa'uld for a while will stretch you life out. But she doesn't look it
    "You should have killed me while you had the chance, Dick!"
    --Khalek

http://www.rpgpalace.tk

Quote Originally Posted by Drwho'srose
    I think Torri is 40 now.
    As far as I'm aware, Torri was born December 6th, 1968, which would make her 37, and that fits with what I know of her character's age-- I had been told Elizabeth was 36 at the beginning of season 1, somewhere, and since Before I Sleep was Elizabeth's birthday, that would have been her 37th.. right?

ETA: Torri's birth year is frequently disputed between 1966-1970, I forgot to mention... Why didn't someone ask her when she was here?
    Last edited by Trialia; February 1st, 2006 at 08:57 AM.

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

Character bios w/ages when SGA began:

http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/stargat...characters.php

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwho'srose
    I think Torri is 40 now.

I guess it depends on the actors age too, DH is 37 so I guess Rodney is around the same age, Joe Flanigan just turned 39 so I guess Sheppard is nearer that and well Paul McGillion is a puzzler, it is hard to get an exact dob for him but I have reason to believe he is nearer 40 then not...

If age of the actor has nothing to do with it, then your guess is as good as mine as I believe it is rarely if ever mentioned in canon.
    Paul McGillion is 37 now. I was surprised, as I would have guessed a few years younger just by looks.

Paul McGillion on IMDB

Paul McGillion's birthday is actually the same as Joe Flanigan's-- he's two years younger to the day.

Daniel turns 41 on July 8th of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trialia
    ETA: Torri's birth year is frequently disputed between 1966-1970, I forgot to mention... Why didn't someone ask her when she was here?
    Incase she took offense and sporked us?

Ok i looked this up for a fic of mine.....

Jack's DOB is 20th Oct 1952 (Fragile Balance)

Sam's DOB is 29th Dec 1968 (Entity)

Teal'c is going to be 102 in Season Four

I have no idea what Danny's DOB is!!!

Gator101

Quote Originally Posted by Gator101
    Check the post I made before this one, dear.

In the latest interview with micheal shanks (see main news page) he said that he was 25 when he started with stargate which makes him 35 now. I doubt he would play him older, if anything i would have thought it be younger especially in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by I love Daniel!
    Daniel turns 41 on July 8th of this year.
    yup he does but he does sooooo not look like that. i can't believe he was 30 when he joined the stargate-program. he looks so young back then!

Quote Originally Posted by SallyLizzie
    Incase she took offense and sporked us?
    I doubt she would've. But I do take your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator101
    Ok i looked this up for a fic of mine.....

Jack's DOB is 20th Oct 1952 (Fragile Balance)

Sam's DOB is 29th Dec 1968 (Entity)

Teal'c is going to be 102 in Season Four

Gator101
    I think Gator101 got it correct for the birthdays. However, it doesn't appear as if anyone on the show really keeps track about when the characters were born because the information for nearly all of them is inconsistent.

In Brief Candle, Jack states that he is 40 years old which would have made him born in 1957. However, in Entity his ID shows that he was born on Oct 20th, 1952 and the date is repeated in Fragile Balance. RDA however was born on January 23rd, 1950.

In FIAD Daniel said his birthday was July 8th and according to the episode 1969, Daniel was 4 1/2 yrs old in 1969. However, that really doesn't make much sense seeing as the date SG-1 arrived in their past was August 4th which would have meant Daniel had just turned four a month earlier if his birthday is actually July 8th. I will however assume he was still born in 1965, which would make him 41. Michael was born on December 15th, 1970.

In season 4's, The Light, Teal'c told Loren that he was 101 days old and that he would be turning 102 in 47 days. The Light aired on Jan 26th, 2001, so if we assume SG1 time corresponds with the airing date of the episode Teal's birthday would be March 14th. Chris was born on October 13th, 1967.

According to Entity, Sam's birthday is December 29th, 1968 which would make her 37 years old; however, in Ascension Orlin gave Sam an emerald saying that he believed it to be her birthstone. Sam didn't actually agree with him, so we do not know for sure if this is correct or not, but emerald is the birthstone of May not December so her actual birthday is up in the air. Amanda was born August 28th,1965.

As for Mitchell, I would assume he's around 40 years old, but we really don't have much information to determine his exact age. Ben is 43, born on December 11th, 1962.

Actors birthdays may be incorrect as I've only used the information on IMDB.com and other fan websites.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; February 7th, 2006 at 11:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast