Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to order this and the SG-1 novel City of the Gods, but I guess I can't order any SG-1 books because of some license? I am very confused with Fandemonium's website... can I? or can I not order SG-1 books? Here is what is listed in their bookstore,

Dear North American* customers: You requested it and now we've done it – Your orders will now be despatched from the USA which means you no longer have to pay for shipping from the UK, plus you get your books faster. (This doesn't affect UK and rest of world shoppers who will continue to receive their orders from the UK.)

Ok, so I pick out two novels that sounds good and even get the price in US dollars then get this message,

Please note: if your country is Canada, United States or Mexico and your shopping cart contains a "Stargate SG-1" novel, then we will be unable to process your order.

So what is it?

* well I was going to order two SG-1 books from amazon.uk, but $37 for 2 paperbacks!?
    Forget it, anyone know of an american seller that has fandemonium novels for sale?
    Last edited by HirogenGater; 22 April 2006, 10:47 PM.

Comment

OK. ROC holds the lisence for SG1 novels in USA so Fandemonium cant sell SG! novels over there. You can import them.

However, Fandemonium sell Atlantis novels in the USA. And if you are gonna import SG1 novels.
      Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 23 August 2006, 09:56 AM.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just finished Reliquary. Thought it was pretty good, and the Sheppard/McKay banter was brilliant, sometimes approaching Jack/Daniel greatness.
        I also like how it perfectly captured that Weir rarely does anything.

Survival of the Fittest preview was quite good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          I loved it! Thought the characterisations were spot on, good plot too. The Sheppard/McKay banter and interaction was spot on, and the Shep whump was excellent. I preferred this to the novelisation of Rising by a long way. All in all a great read.
          What's a Shep whump?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            OK. ROC holds the lisence for SG1 novels in USA so Fandemonium cant sell SG! novels over there. You can import them.
            Do you happen to know how long ROC holds the license? I don't see any information on that on Fandemoniums website. I thought that might be a frequently asked question.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            However, Fandemonium sell Atlantis novels in the USA. And if you are gonna import SG1 novels, don't bother with City of the Gods, it's terrible. Get A Matter of Honor and Cost of Honor.
            I just purchased A Matter of Honor from WhoNa, trying to find someone in te US selling a copy of Cost of Honor now.

Comment

Afraid I don't know how long. Ya'd have to email Fande and find out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                What's a Shep whump?
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a whump is where a character suffers any sort of injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a whump is where a character suffers any sort of injury.
                  Ok.

Did anyone search for Stargate novels on Amazon (US) lately? All the titles say a publishing date of Feb 06 and will are available for preorder for $7.95. I wonder if Fandemonium can sell SG books here in the US now?

Comment

Not technically, but Amazon can import them.
                    sigpic

Comment

I re-read this a couple weeks ago and I have to say I enjoyed it alot the second time round. Sheppard being called John didn't bother me as much and I found myself able to appricate the novel more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X