• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foxhound22
    No way dude, just helping you out.
    Same here.

Comment

well, it wouldn't be unheard of if it was an intentional homage. The ship from FIRE_FLY found it's way on screen during the mini-series. Remember when Laura Roslin is waiting in the doctor's office... you can see the Fire-fly soaring above the city. There are many other examples in the writing, special effects, and sets of homages to other series, movies, and real life events.

Comment

Originally posted by tucker9477
        well, it wouldn't be unheard of if it was an intentional homage. The ship from FIRE_FLY found it's way on screen during the mini-series.
        That’s because ZOIC (the VFX people for BSG) also did the VFX for Firefly.

As far as to possible Stargate references, I didn’t interpret those similarities as any tip of the hat to Stargate. Didn’t even cross my mind until I saw this thread. Mythology is woven into BSG’s storyline and characters thus references to mythology are expected. Stargate doesn’t own the patent on the use of such names or phrases.

IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
          haha I was just watching "Black Market" and there a line in which someone says "It's aboard the promethus it's a fraitor that's off the grid" ok that just struck me as a refrence to Stargate
          what are the odds they used to words that could be compared to stargate
          promethus - Earth BattleCruier
          Off the Grid - Upcoming Episode
          did anyone else notice this
          it seems to me that you are looking far into it but since i saw it to i agree. no just kidding did not notice till now. good ear.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
            . Stargate doesn’t own the patent on the use of such names or phrases.
            Yet...

Lol, also, I havan't seen anything past the first episode of the second season of BSG, so I havan't seen black market.

Sounds good though! (Like all BSG episodes )

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound22
              Also if you look into Star Trek, there is a Prometheus class and a Daedelus Class starship there. So when a show uses a mythological topic or character I think it is just a nod to the ancient cultures and legends that have survived for thousands of years.
              Don't forget that the American rendition of the Japanese Anime series "Macross" (we know it as Robotech), the two Earthican ships attached to the Superdemensional fortress Macross (We know it as the SDF1) were the Deadulus and the Promethius.

A BSG reference to old school japanamation??? Probably not...but it would be cool.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Working...
              X