This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bsg Refrence to Sg1?

haha I was just watching "Black Market" and there a line in which someone says "It's aboard the promethus it's a fraitor that's off the grid" ok that just struck me as a refrence to Stargate
    what are the odds they used to words that could be compared to stargate
    promethus - Earth BattleCruier
    Off the Grid - Upcoming Episode
    did anyone else notice this

No, I didn't notice that. If I thought anything upon learning the freighter's name, it was wow, I really like how they're dragging all sorts of mythology into this show...
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Prometheus is actually a Greek god... It's not something Stargate came up with

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Prometheus is actually a Greek god... It's not something Stargate came up with
        And "off the grid" is a fairly common expression as well.

a time to mourn

Comment

yeah but if u add that to pegasus they are using a few SG1 names here

i know pegasus fits as the name of a batlestar but still there is other mythology out there to use, phenoix maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
            haha I was just watching "Black Market" and there a line in which someone says "It's aboard the promethus it's a fraitor that's off the grid" ok that just struck me as a refrence to Stargate
            what are the odds they used to words that could be compared to stargate
            promethus - Earth BattleCruier
            Off the Grid - Upcoming Episode
            did anyone else notice this
            It's a shame that Prommie won't be in that episode!

However they start writing & filming at around the exact same time, so therefore it's virtually impossible for them to know upcoming SG1 scripts. Unless they know people on the inside, of which case, then I'm sure they'd have chosen another ep to reference the Prommie to.

Prometheus isn't exclusive to Stargate.

'Off the grid': Just a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
              yeah but if u add that to pegasus they are using a few SG1 names here

i know pegasus fits as the name of a batlestar but still there is other mythology out there to use, phenoix maybe?
              The Pegasus is a Mercury Class Battlestar. In classic mythology Pegasus is a winged horse. Mercury was the messenger of the gods and was known to wear winged shoes. Thus my theory is that the Mercury Class Battlestars must therefore take their names from winged creatures, heroes, and gods of classic mythology. So it would not be an unusual coincidence that the name is in both series as both rely heavily on classic mythologies and legends.

Plus Pegasus was the name of the Battlestar from the episode "Living Legend" in the original Battlestar Galactica series from back in the seventies. Way before Stargate.The current series borrowed that idea from the original BSG series in bringing the Pegasus back.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Pegasus is from the original series long before Stargate was concieved.

If any cross show referencing has occurred, it was Daniel Jackson saying 'And they have a plan' in the 4th horseman pt2

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner
                  Pegasus is from the original series long before Stargate was concieved.
                  Meanwhile, the Pegasus Galaxy of SGA is a real galaxy. Stargate and Galactica aren't referencing each other in any way, shape, or form.

a time to mourn

Comment

I think, if you look for it, the name "Prometheus" appears in a lot of shows, whether in the actual show, or the title...its not really a tribute, but dare I say, common?

Comment

I was playing age of empires 3 recently and one of my ships was named the Daedalus and it said good at transport. Is that an SG-1 refrence, doubt it conicidence.

Comment

Also if you look into Star Trek, there is a Prometheus class and a Daedelus Class starship there. So when a show uses a mythological topic or character I think it is just a nod to the ancient cultures and legends that have survived for thousands of years.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

alright wow you guys sure know how to grill someone for noticing something that I had never seen before

Comment

That wasn't a grilling, the hotplate wasn't even on! lol

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
                              alright wow you guys sure know how to grill someone for noticing something that I had never seen before
                              No way dude, just helping you out.

Comment

Working...
                              X