This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood - Captain Jack explained... Maybe

Ok. We KNOW that during the first series of Torchwood there will be no explanation as to how captain Jack actually reached present day Earth from Gamestation. Many suggest that he came in the ship that landed 10 years ago providing the big honking space gun that Earth now has.

I however provide a different answer. Based on my own wild speculation that is most likely wrong, but I like anyway.

Jack hasn't gotten back. He is actually still in the future rebuilding the earth.

The Jack that we see in Torchwood is actually a past version of Jack seen before series 1 (27) of Doctor Who. We know that Harkness has had two years of his memory removed by the Time Agency. It is entirely possible that these missing two years were actually spent on Earth. It would be fitting as RTD would be following up on something already hinted at, and then nothing in Torchwood would contradict Who canon, as he later loses his memory.

What do you think?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Good and plausible, great idea

Comment

I think it would be a very clever explanation for things, and I agree that based on the lack of information we have about Captain Jack's loss of memory it would definitely possible.
      I'm just having a hard time trying to work it out...
      But would it mean that there would be no reference to the Doctor in the show at all? Because if Jack hadn't met him yet then there would be no way that there could be...?

I have to say... it's good, but damn confusing!!

Comment

perhaps he goes from the future to the past to retreive his memories therefore it would happen after he met the Doctor. Thats how we can have crossovers
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Just because Jack doesn't remember meeting a Tennent Doctor, doesn't mean he hasn't. DT could apear in Torchwood, and it would be fine, as Jack would later forget it. Though Jack WOULD probabley have not met the dr before hand. Other characters may know of the doctor.

The other thing is... it would allow Jack to be a LOT darker. Like RTD set the show would be. Afterall, Jack mused in The Empty Child (i think) that The Doctor may well have good reason not to trust him, as he doesnt remember who he was.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to think this through, and I'm getting very confused...
            We know for sure that CE had never met Jack before, right? So that means that if DT were to meet Jack before he got his memory erased he would know Jack, but Jack wouldn't know him... right?

But you're totally right about how he could be a darker person. I suppose he could be a whole different person... but then again, does losing you're memory mean that you're personality can change?
            Either way, I think it would definitely make for an interesting explanation of things.

Comment

Yes, loss of memory can make you into a different person. Its theorised in the behavioural and cognitive perspectives in psychological research that its our experiences that make us who we are. A loss of reccolection of experiences might make a different person.

Time is all relative. Just because DT meets Past Jack, doesnt mean CE would have reccolection of this.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Wow; that's a cool idea. It opens up a lot of interesting possibilities too. I hope I get to see Torchwood someday.
                "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

That sounds so cool.
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

It's too confusing, I mean what is wrong with he hitch a ride with someone who can travel in time *again*. Easy.

Comment

Funny you should mention this pre-Who thing, I had a dream very similar to that this morning. It was awfully confusing, within the dream, and I kept trying to figure out how they were planning to do crossovers if te characters essentially hadn't met in.. whichever ep of Who that was.

And yet, from a logical standpoint, it should make a lot of sense. I'm just not sure how to justify the crossovers thing. I mean, the Doctor doesn't forget everything every time he regenerates, right? Unless they're never going to interact directly. Christmas Invasion
                      Spoiler:
                      Like how Torchwood was mentioned, but we never actually saw anyone from the group/facility. Could be like that in reverse- seeing it from Jack's POV.

Comment

The doctor would realise that it's a pre Empty Child Jack, but would have no issues interacting with him as he knows it wont alter the future/past as Jack loses his memory. So they could meet and get to know each other all over again...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I understand that. I just find it hard to believe that the Doctor wouldn't say, "Haven't we met?" or drop hints about knowing Jack or let slip something by accident, that's all. I should still go back and re-watched Empty Child, though. Just for better placement.

Comment

Well the Tennant's Doctor COULD inform Jack that they've met, or Rather Jack WILL meet the Doctor... Bare in mind that The Empty Child is Tennant's past, but this Hypothetical Jack's future. So IN the empty child The Doctor hasnt met Jack before, but is yet to meet the past jack. Though Jack has met the future Doctor before.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You make my head hurt! *cries* I'll just admit defeat and go back to ogling Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X