Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. We musn't think in terms of linear time.

In Jack's past he would be on Earth (2006) and have met a man called the doctor who looks like David Tennant, hes never met the man before, but the DT Doctor says that in a few years Jack will meet him. Jack proceeds to lose his memory and then meets a Doctor who looks like Christopher Eccleston. Jack doesn't remember any thing about the Doctor, so this means nothing to him.

CE Doctor has not regenerated yet, and as such has not travelled to 2006 where he meets the past version of Jack, and as such has no past memory of Jack as he hasn't actually met him yet. The Empty Child IS the doctors first meeting with Jack, even though this Jack is a future version of the one in 2006.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Right. I think I get it... just because the past is in the past doesn't mean it can't be someone's future.
      So, DT would remember meeting Jack before he regenerated, Jack would not have met CE's Doctor yet, and would lose any memory of DT anyway, and in terms of "the present", Jack would still be on the Gamestation.

Apparently, (although I never saw it) in the Children in Need episode Rose says that they should go back to get Jack, and the Doctor tells her that he's "busy rebuilding the earth". Don't know if that fits in, or even means anything.

Comment

Exactly o' lover of Jack.

Past in terms of years and decades is irrlevant.

DT Doctor still has all his memories and KNOWS that 2006 jack is a past version of the one he met in An Empty Child. But anything he does with Jack would be irrlevant as Jack loses his memory, allowing Jack to believe he's meeting the Doctor for the first time in The Empty Child.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Right. Got it.

It's great when everything just becomes clear!

But it's also annoying knowing that if it turns out that Jack did get off the Gamestation by a ship or something then working out all of this will have been for nothing...

Comment

And yet oh so fun.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

OK, that makes PERFECT sense, and now that I'm not all skittery and distracted at work I can actually process the details. Very very cool stuff.

Has there been any word on when it's gonna go into production? I know there was mention at some point of delays...

Comment

Well here is info on production from Outpost Gallifrey.
                Outpost Gallifrey has learned that filming of the first series of Torchwood, the Doctor Who spinoff series starring John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, has been delayed until the summer, likely June or July. The series was originally scheduled to go into production this month, but has been delayed several times. We're also told that James Hawes, scheduled to be a producer on the new series, has had to bow out due to the change of schedule. More details as we get them
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                X