Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone so controlling in this forum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is everyone so controlling in this forum?

I have never been on any other forum that gives me this feeling - I did a search for "Worst Stargate Episode" and didn't see anything, and didn't feel like going through tons of pages painstakingly searching for the hint of a thread similar to that, so I posed it.

Two messages in, someone screams about using the search engine (which I did), and posting two links, and within 4 messages the thread was closed.

Whatever.

Oh come on dude all you had to do was enter 'worst' as keyword and search in titles only

Sorry if I offended you
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I'm with Qas on this one, and setting up a thread with a title that insults everyone here is very, VERY bad netiquette
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

If you are gonna edit to mention just me please dont use the word anal
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          Yeah, I was thinking what this thread was about when I saw the word anal.
          sigpic

Comment

If you are trying to suggest something come out with it Abydos
            love Torri

Comment

I agree with Qas and everyone. It's not anal, it's just that we get annoyed when the same old threads keep coming up. The Search feature is there for a reason. Don't enter an entire phrase when searching, use keywords, because the search will try to match the whole phrase. So like I said, it's not anal-ness, it's just that it happens over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...and...and......

Comment

This is the only forum I see it incessantly happening. Heck, I first tried out the GateWorld forums in their last incarnation (I believe there was one) and it was still the same way. Anyway, had to get it out of my system because its worse then having similar topics - its not like they are all on page 1.

ps tried to change the title, don't have the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  ps tried to change the title, don't have the power.
                  Just change the title on the first post

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Changing the title of the first post doesn't work. Yes this forum's community is anal. That's what makes it so great, what's the point of peace, we need the balance of good and evil to live! Charmed did an episode where everyone was nice and it was terrible! Don't take it personally either, people are just anal by nature and will attack anyone, however if they target you everywhere you post then tell a mod (or fight back, we need entertainment)
                    I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

there are much worse places out there in Scary Internet Land.

The reason that people like to keep all the convos on the same topic in one thread is very simple: whenever there is a new season, there is an influx of newbies.

And often they have similar questions, year after year. Things which aren't dealt with in the FAQ because otherwise it would be too long.

It saves everyone having to retype what they said the last time (and the time before that, and the time before that etc etc)

in fact... I KNOW that I've typed that bit of info about 50 times over the past few years...

Anyway. Maybe we LIKE being anal.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        But the word describes you so perfectly, Qas

Seriously, though. Do a quick search, it takes two seconds. In a lot of forums, like the Characters and Relationships subforum, the thread gets knocked off the first place so quickly, that you really need to check back a little.

It gets really annoying when every other thread that starts up is "Carter is Hot".... I mean, come on, the Sam's a Great Character Thread practically never slips off the first page.

Newbies make mistakes, it's normal. But you've been here a couple of months now, you've got a few hundred posts, people would expect you to know the basic rules of the forums.

It was a simple "This Thread Has Been Done Before". Someone closing your thread because it's been done really isn't a huge issue, nothing to get so worked up about and DEFINITELY not something to call people "anal" for. It's just part of life at Gateworld.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey if you didn't find it, and they give you a closed topic thread, then you right.
                          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

This is the only forum I see it incessantly happening. Heck, I first tried out the GateWorld forums in their last incarnation (I believe there was one) and it was still the same way. Anyway, had to get it out of my system because its worse then having similar topics - its not like they are all on page 1.
                            maybe you dont visit enough forums...

Comment

This is the only forum I see it incessantly happening.
                              www.genmay.com

An hour there will change the way you look at forums forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X