LFCC July 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LFCC July 2006

Sorry if I'm duplicating, but I did search and I couldn't find a thread for it, so...yeah.

Anybody else going? As I've said elsewhere, this will be my very first convention. and I am so nervous.

I'm going

It's not really a convention though, more of a signing event with lots of dealer's tables and some guest talks. Nothing to be nervous about
    LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
      I'm going

It's not really a convention though, more of a signing event with lots of dealer's tables and some guest talks. Nothing to be nervous about
      Close enough for me, though. I have a serious phobia of crowds, and I dislike London at the best of times. Hopefully, it will prove to have been worth it. And I have my anxiety meds, so I should be ok.

Where're you staying, flippy?

Comment

Am only coming down the for the day so not staying over in London
        LizWhite.net

Comment

Ah. Well, Angel Leviathan- you may have bumped into her elsewhere in the fandom- may be coming along for a day-trip as well, she says.. She's in Hampshire. But I, way up near Birmingham, have to make a full weekend of it.

Comment

My friend has just said I can stay with her and she'll go with me if I want to go!!!! :-D I'm excited, but also terrified! I'm nervous on trains and subways, and I would have to get the train to London. But I need to get over that fear some time, so, what better cause eh? :-D

Comment

I'm going in July! Can't wait to meet Torri!... I'v got a little gift for her too that I think she'l like! I'll be travelling down just for one day so I need to find out what days she'll be there and when the talk is (and since Torri posted on here,that should make it easier!)
              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Harri
                My friend has just said I can stay with her and she'll go with me if I want to go!!!! :-D I'm excited, but also terrified! I'm nervous on trains and subways, and I would have to get the train to London. But I need to get over that fear some time, so, what better cause eh? :-D
                Indeed. I'm the same about too many people in an enclosed space, as I already mentioned. So this will be the phobia-overcoming con, ne?

Comment

I'm also going *sqqquuueee* I've never been to a con or anything similar before, so no idea how this whole thing works...so I'd be happy to meet some of you well I'm not very good in english hope you don't mind too much I'm flying there from Switzerland
                  I always wanted to see London...and now I can connect both Booking flight and hostel this week I'm staying at the Hyde-Park hostel

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                    I'm also going *sqqquuueee* I've never been to a con or anything similar before, so no idea how this whole thing works...so I'd be happy to meet some of you well I'm not very good in english hope you don't mind too much I'm flying there from Switzerland
                    I always wanted to see London...and now I can connect both Booking flight and hostel this week I'm staying at the Hyde-Park hostel
                    Hyde Park? Isn't that kind of a way from the venue? As I said to you elsewhere... I'm staying at the Earls Court hostel, which is more or less just round the corner from the con.

Is German your first language, Dorka? I speak enough of that to help you out a little, if you need me to...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                      Indeed. I'm the same about too many people in an enclosed space, as I already mentioned. So this will be the phobia-overcoming con, ne?
                      Indeed it will :-D But, hey, it's Torri so it's understandable - the phobias must be overcome.

I was gonna say all us scared of enclosed spaces could huddle together for safety... but that's a bad choice of words *rolls eyes*. You get the sentiment though, right? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Harri
                        Indeed it will :-D But, hey, it's Torri so it's understandable - the phobias must be overcome.

I was gonna say all us scared of enclosed spaces could huddle together for safety... but that's a bad choice of words *rolls eyes*. You get the sentiment though, right? :-)
                        I do. And then we can go off to the pub afterwards.

Comment

I am going (hopefully). I should know for sure in 2 weeks. I have never been to Europe and I would LOVE to see London... and Torri... and also hang with all the awesome gateworlders!! The pub is a MUST!!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler
                            I am going (hopefully). I should know for sure in 2 weeks. I have never been to Europe and I would LOVE to see London... and Torri... and also hang with all the awesome gateworlders!! The pub is a MUST!!
                            Squeeee.

Now I'm waiting to be added to the Yahoo group. *taps foot impatiently*

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                              Squeeee.

Now I'm waiting to be added to the Yahoo group. *taps foot impatiently*
                              I'm waiting to be added too
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Working...
                              X