Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actors in a specific role for a SG1/SGA TV movie or mini series...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actors in a specific role for a SG1/SGA TV movie or mini series...

I know a similiar thread was done before... but that kinda got messy and wasn't generally specific. This is who would be good in a TV movie or mini series to close out the Ori story line or Wraith story line.

Like Robert Patrick in Rising.

I think Christopher Walken would make a great Ori... or perhaps a the main Prior.

Morgan Freeman would make a great Jaffa leader. Perhaps a sodan wiseman. But I don't think yet another leader could be created that we haven't heard of before. With Garrack would should have heard of him before this season.... Besides one of Bra'tak or Teal'c appear to be destined for that role.

David Duchovny was mentioned in the previous thread as an actor that would like to be seen. I would like to see him do the lead Wraith.

Patrick Stewart was another, he could be the leader of the ancients.

So,
    to close out the wraith/Ori story lines who would you like to see in a specific role in a mini series or TV movie?

THoughts?

Sorry, but Robert Patrick will always be remembered as Col. Somner (sp?). As for the others mentioned.....I think I would prefer unknowns to play these roles.....we identify too much with actors from other roles. I know every time I see an actor from SG1 on another show, I immediately think of him (or her) as the character he played. But that's just my opinion.......
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Uh, sorry for the confusion I was using Robert Patrick as an example from Rising.... used in that very specific role that fit him well. You obviously identified with him and that proves my point ;-) I didn't mean reuse him, I meant use actors like him in that type of role.

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping we won't need a tv movie or mini-series to wrap things up for either show for some time to come. I think these shows could easily go a few more seasons. Although I will say, Christopher Walken would make one hell of a guest star. He's probably too pricey though.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
          I agree. But if they did have to do either of these I would like to see the characters who have been in the thick of the battles be the ones who come out on top. I don't want any guest stars undermining them.
          I agree if I had to choose "who would be good in a TV movie or mini series to close out the Ori story line or Wraith story line"

I would say
          Michael Shanks
          Amanda Tapping
          Chrisphor Judge
          Richard Dean Anderson (this is a what if)
          Don S. Davis
          Teryl Rothery
          Carmen Argenziano
          Tony Amendola
          Ben Browder
          Joe Flannigan
          David Hewlett
          Rachel Luttrell
          Rainbow Sun Francks
          Torri Higginson
          Jason Momoa
          Mitch Pileggi

All of these relative unknowns are greater then any supposed "super star" as far as I am concerned. I would much rather see an unknown come in and do awesome then see some other known actor come in and just play the part even if that actor was Harrison Ford, Arnold, Patrick Steward, Hughe Jackman, Haley Bary, whoever. I dont watch a show for the "actors" I watch a show for the "characters" the actors play. In fact their job is (or should be) to make me forget about the actor altogether.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Personally, I'm hoping we won't need a tv movie or mini-series to wrap things up for either show for some time to come. I think these shows could easily go a few more seasons. Although I will say, Christopher Walken would make one hell of a guest star. He's probably too pricey though.
            Same with Morgan Freeman.

Comment

I agree that we don't need superstars like Arnold or Hugh or whoever.

But I don't think those mentioned are really superstars by any means. They are all support actors and great character actors in my oppionion.

RDA, and all current cast members are a given.

Speaking of price, I bet Kurt Russell would be a good bet wasn't it mentioned hes a big fan of the series?
              I could see him as another military type guy, perhaps as Mitchells mentor.

Comment

Morgan Freeman would be great as a jaffa leader.

Jet Li would make a cool First Prime Jaffa hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I don't think Christopher Walken would be too pricey. He's hosted SNL numerous times & danced in music videos. You know they're not paying him top dollar for those spots. With the right approach, he might be affordable.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                  X