• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Christmas Invasion (2005)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SPECIAL:
    THE CHRISTMAS INVASION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2714 (114)

As the Doctor lays unconscious, still regenerating, Earth faces its greatest threat ever when a vicious race of scavengers invade and threaten to sell the population into slavery.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:16 PM.

David Tennant is Dr Who....Wooo! OK it is very late here and I don't have time to post but Wooo.

Comment

Great start for David Tennant as the Doctor.

I really liked this episode, it had a great storyline and ending. Plus the music really stood out to me.

Comment

The problem I had was that when i sent the email i forgot to send the info for this episode hopefully this will get sorted out.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Finally got round to seeing it was pretty cool and I like the new doc but the 'is defended' bit was too cheesy
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Finally got round to seeing it was pretty cool and I like the new doc but the 'is defended' bit was too cheesy
            Ah but not as cheesy as JAckie Screaming 'IM going to get killed vby a Chirstmas Tree !!!!'

Comment

Super enjoyable, but somewhat padded story. Tennant is super as the Doctor, and I can't wait to see where he takes it. From the minute he wakes up, he just IS the Doctor. Can't complain. Really can't. Sad about Harriet's turn, but it was fantastic seeing her again anyway. And UNIT! Back in force!!! Oh, this has been a long time coming, this new Doctor Who, and it's only just hitting its stride.

8/10
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                This is the Doctor... it is supposed to be cheesy...

David Tennant is wonderful as the doctor... I didn't think he could pull it off but he really resonates with me. Troughton, Baker and bits of Davison rolled into one...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I was looking at http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/ and in the upcoming releases it stated that the DVD for series 2 volume 1 will have the christmas invasion and new earth on it. So this means that The Christmas Invasion is officially a series 2 episode. This therefore means that eventually this thread will need to be moved...

Comment

Yep, the production code for TCI is 2.X, which under the format being used here means the title should be

The Christmas Invasion (28X)

Comment

^can be sorted next week when we get the new folder up.

As I said in the other thread I thought this was awesome, David's doctor had some fantastic moments already, especially his "it is defended" and his whole rant at Hariet at the end where done to perfection. Cant wait to see more.

Personal favourite bit: "No second chances", showed the contrast between fun loving and ruthlessness that both reside in this Doctor.

9/10
                      Last edited by The Signal; 01 July 2006, 12:13 PM.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

That's handy, the only reason I came into this thread was to suggest that this be 28x00 or 28x01.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'll let Darren know as soon as New Earth shows (1 week yay!)
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

We're labelling New Earth 28.1. It may not be strictly correct, but it's probably less confusing.

We could label Christmas Invasion 28.0 though, and fit it into the s28 folder.

Madeleine

Comment

Probably should be moved now, it is officially S28 so its up to a mod or Darren to decide whether t relabel it or keep it as it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X