No announcement yet.

The Christmas Invasion (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I especially liked the Auther Dent reference at the end of the ep.

Trader Joe

Comment

Gotta love the Doctor. Great fun. I've waited to watch until tonight when there wouldn't be any new Stargate. Now I'm glad that I did. Lots of juicy goodness.
      sigpic

Comment

that was... Fantastic. it was something else.
        Spoiler:
        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
        I caught frogs and called them prince
        And made myself a queen
        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
        I slept in castles and fell in love
        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
        To capture tinkerbell
        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
        And anything I can to get by
        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I was originally a bit nervous. This is my first change of the Doctor; however, it was wondeful. DT did a wonderful job, and I can't complain about the episode itself.

My only rant is the number of commercials on SciFi is ridiculous. The episode dragged only because the commercial breaks were sometimes longer than the episode clips.
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I almost fell asleep during a couple of those commercial breaks.

Did Skiffy snip stuff out of the ep? I don't remember anything SPECIFIC missing, but I'm not good at noticing stuff like that.

Comment

They used an hour and a half to air it, so I doubt that they snipped much of anything. Good intro to Torchwood at the end and lecture to Harriet - murderer. Loved the hand regeneration...had to think of LUKE - I am your father...hehehe...Glad to see Rose's mum has a friend, even if he keeps pieces of fruit in his dressing gown pocket. Absolutely LOVE the new Doctor. He's charming, and sarcastic, and snarky and - wait a minute...has he been taking lessons from ShadowMaat???
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I almost fell asleep during a couple of those commercial breaks.

Did Skiffy snip stuff out of the ep? I don't remember anything SPECIFIC missing, but I'm not good at noticing stuff like that.
                No cuts in either episode last night. In fact, they had to throw in extra commercials during the Christmas Invasion just to make it long enough for that 90 minutes.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                  They used an hour and a half to air it, so I doubt that they snipped much of anything. Good intro to Torchwood at the end and lecture to Harriet - murderer. Loved the hand regeneration...had to think of LUKE - I am your father...hehehe...Glad to see Rose's mum has a friend, even if he keeps pieces of fruit in his dressing gown pocket. Absolutely LOVE the new Doctor. He's charming, and sarcastic, and snarky and - wait a minute...has he been taking lessons from ShadowMaat???
                  Maybe the friend is Sheppard
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                    He's charming, and sarcastic, and snarky and - wait a minute...has he been taking lessons from ShadowMaat???
                    Well, there WAS that time I was gone for almost a year... although seeing as I was back the next day, I doubt many people noticed.

Comment

It was great
                      On the comercials................................................
                      If they don't stop filling space with comercial They will lose their audience
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                        It was great
                        On the comercials................................................
                        If they don't stop filling space with comercial They will lose their audience
                        ran to the bathroom after 3 commercials already passed, raced back down with a bum (achy sore) knee only to watch --- more commercials!! we noticed that too!

Unfortunately, The Christmas Invasion was too long for a standard USA 60 minute program, but too short for a full 90 minute one, too.

It didn't help that the phone rang 2 minutes before the show began and rang again in the middle!!

But the Doctor's "did you miss me?" line was classic!
                        So was Rose's mum yelling in the beginning, "doctor?? doctor Who?!"

it's *good* to have him back... and yes, we *missed* him!! (the character...)
                        it was a fairly good intro at regeneration, too. Loved the haunting Tardis "whooOOooo" music theme coming out whenever he breathed out those energy bursts... I had wondered if that was still part of the Tardis in him, but apparently it wasn't.

...and even tho I cheated months ago in reading some of this topic already spoiling me - I forgot most of the details, so I wasn't so spoiled on gabbing what might happen thruout the ep... I was too busy watching and enjoying it *in* the moment!

Comment

Sycorax rock!
                          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                          -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                            Sycorax rock!
                            And the award for worst pun goes too...
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              And the award for worst pun goes too...
                              Why's that? Sycorax strong! Sycorax mighty! Sycorax rock! As in the modern sense, "they rock."
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                                Why's that?"
                                You mean besides the fact that there ship was a big rock?
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X