X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Terrified Daleks... the blind Controller lady did say:
    "my Masters... they *fear* the Doctor..."

Yep; based on the previous "Dalek" ep, I knew at that moment, only one creature in the universe feared the Doctor - the Daleks. I just found it strange that massive Dalek armies could fear one person: apparently the Doctor is most menacing when he is without any obvious weapons other than just his unpredictable wits about him.
    In Sylvester McCoy's episode Remembrance of the Daleks the Doctor
    Spoiler:
    destroys the sun that the planet Skaro orbits around, thus destroying the planet. And Skaro is the home planet of the Daleks. (I always took that to be why the Daleks called him the destroyer of worlds...)

You notice that this fear is a more modern aspect of the Daleks...
    "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

this is one of my fave episodes i loved rose in this episode and i like the way they ended up kissing, i also love the fact the doctor couldn't destroy the world and people he had come to love. i also think the fact that rose saved the world instead of the doctor and the doctor ended up regenerating and roses reaction to that. the fact that the doctor was kind of up beat when he regenerated was also a change from the earlier regenerations
      sigpic

Comment

Cool ep! Great to see the Daleks back. Hard to imagine the Doctor without them as his constant Nemesis. A fairly subtle jab about the insanity that is today's obsession with reality and game shows, too. Anne Droid was scary and the wired-up controller was creepy. Reminded me of a cross between the Borg Queen and nuBSG's Basestar pilots.
        sigpic

Comment

Haven't changed my mind.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X