Boom Town (2711/111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostPoet
    I like Mickey. While he is a bit of a dufus....I can see where he's coming from. I'd feel the same way if my girlfriend just LEFT me...i'd feel like dirt. Then i'd get over it and date someone else. =P
    She might have physically left him, but as far as the relationship goes, she left him hanging.

While he was at home worrying about her, she was traveling and considering involvement with Adam and Jack.

Perhaps Mickey didn't know that, but she still should have been more honest with him about their relationship, regardless of whether he's a doofus or not.

That being said...he completely embarrassed himself with his weak lie about dating that other girl.

Also, he displayed a complete absense of self-respect with his whole "waiting for her/Rose's standby" speech. Pa-the-tic.

It's no wonder Rose didn't respect him. He didn't respect himself.

Rose didn't leave him. If anything, he "left" her after making a fool of himself while confronting her.

Comment

i like this ep the restraunt sceen was my fave my only problem with it is how it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
        i like this ep the restraunt sceen was my fave my only problem with it is how it ended.
        You're referring to the whole "reverted to an egg" thing, right?

If so, I could see how that might seem lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
          You're referring to the whole "reverted to an egg" thing, right?

If so, I could see how that might seem lame.
          yeah and but i just dident like how it came out of nowere like oh the ships alive now and it can make people young.

Comment

Oh the ship has always been alive.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

yeah and but i just dident like how it came out of nowere like oh the ships alive now and it can make people young.
              The first mention of the ship being alive was the two-part story, The Edge of Destruction (1964). In that story, the ship exhibited a range of powers over the crew, in an attempt to protect them.

The ship reconstitutes the Doctor in The Time Monster (1972).

It also resurrects two characters in the 1996 movie.

Comment

oh i wish i new that earlyer i feel like a idoit now lol

Comment

oh i wish i new that earlyer i feel like a idoit now lol
                  Don't feel bad. Doctor Who has a long history. There's a lot to know.

New fans can't be expected to know this stuff and the creators of the show have generally been good about not making too many references to the original series.

Comment

This episode was interesting, they were trying to continue the Slithene storyline and succeeded - it was a really good episode.
                    The Doctor and Rose also picked up on the 'Bad Wolf' that seems to be following them wherever they go. I thought that the Doctor had grown a bit ruthless as we saw when he allowed Cassandra to die in The End of the World, but he gave the Slithene another go at life - It's amazing what secret powers the TARDIS has.
                    I liked the scene where the Doctor and the Slithene are sat having dinner in the restuarant and the Doctor foils all of her attempts to kill him without blinking an eye.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

This is the fourth episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen (I have only seen the reruns of series one and three,at a completly random order) and I loved the dialogue and the ethical dilema this one had. The human side of the desperate and evil Slitheen was very interesting as it was watching the Doctor dealing with her duplicity. Interesting solution they find in order to give her a second chance...

A good episode is not all about the space battles and gun fights. It may be more slow paced, but I liked it very much.
                      sigpic
                      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

i liked this episode because it showed that he can give second chances and showed a almost human side to him
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, cool episode. I always feel sorry for Mickey, though. He definitely deserves better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X