• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor Dances (2710/110)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    THE DOCTOR DANCES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2710

The Doctor, Rose, and Jack flee from a supernatural creatures created by Jack's latest con attempt, and are forced to conclude that they are not capable of stopping them and saving the human race. But someone else is.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:28 PM.

Best
    Ep
    EVER

I sometimes feel, watching SF two-parters, that the better the first part the more of a let down the second part will inevitably be. Part I of this story was so truly fantastic that I watched this ep expecting it to be Okay perhaps, or Good if I was lucky. I certainly didn't expect a feelgood ending to such a bleak and creepy opening.

It was beautifully done, and the warm fuzzies at the end fitted in surprisingly well. It had real passion, this one.

Madeleine

Comment

Well it has Capt Jack how can you not love it? The Doctor finds a friend, well sort of...lots of yummy banter.

Comment

Well this episode was definatly my favourite episode of the season. Well all of this season is great but the episodes that do stand out are Dalek, The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances Bad Wolf and The Parting of the Ways. However this ep I think was brilliant because the enemy was sooo creepy (well for the first time it was) plus Captain Jack rules this episode. All I can say is More please !!!
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Great episode and I think one of the best of the series. WW2 and zombies are always great and together they're pretty awesome.

Comment

This was my favourite episodes, who can't love this one

Comment

My fave ep of the series....bought tears to my eyes, the scene where he lifts the lad up and proclaims that for once everyone lives....gave me a right lump in my throat...too much emotion. Brilliant stuff.
              Last edited by Egeria; 25 January 2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Fun fact this is the only story along with the Empty Child that has no on screen deaths in it. Weird or what.

Comment

^ I didn't know that, cool.

Comment

Yep not even the enemy died because technically there was no enemy just a misunderstanding.

Comment

Like Madeline said above, "best ep ever!" "The Doctor Dances", the episode with the strangest title ever has:

1.) The best cliffhanger resolution in the show's history.
                      2.) The most unusual enemy I've seen in the show.
                      3.) The most controversial new companion.
                      4.) The Doctor admitting he "dances."
                      5.) The best and most satisfying ending I've seen in a long time.

I cannot watch this episode without laughing in joy at it's resolution. What a fantastic episode! More like this one. MORE!

10/10--- Flawless victory.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        3.) The most controversial new companion.
                        A bisexual con-man from the future is controversial? That's like half the people I know.

I'd like to know who the Thula are, and who taught them medicine. There are some flaws in their techniques...
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

This is one of my favorite eps of all. Still creepy and tense, but a fantastic resolution ("Everybody LIVES!"), lots of snark, and lots of Captain Jack. Sheer awesomeness.

Great music, too.

Comment

I loved this episode: It was still creepy, had plenty of Captain Jack, and finally a happy ending!

I have decided to purchase it when it's released on DVD (no surprise there)

Mattathias

Comment

Definately the best of this season. I love this two parter! ^_^ Captain Jack is just awesome! What more can we say? I especially like the ending. "Everybody Lives!!" I was just as happy as the Doctor. I can remember too many stories where lots of people died, even if they were just nameless extras. It was great to have such a happy ending and after such a creepy start too!
                              "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X