Father's Day (2708/108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
    I don't think so. They're not so much enemys as a fail safe. They have no real "evil" in them, they only come around when you've made a cock up with time, and in those instances, its preferable to fix time and not fight.
    Do we know that, what if they are a reaction from the Time War, and only right now clean time, but as they get more powerful get more sinister
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Loved this episode...yet another brilliant Who episode.

It was really sad though...my wife and I were both a little teary-eyed. *hangs head in shame*
      I think it was more sad seeing the Doctor stand there in front of everyone and say to the creature "I'm the oldest one in here" with a resigned tone to his voice and then seeing him die. =( Even if only a temp death...it was still so freakin sad.

Seeing her dad die was very sad too...But not AS much as the Doctor because the dad HAD to die...the Doctor sacrificed himself.
      Hit me hard.

One thing I was talking to my friend at work about...she brought up the point that "Why didn't the monsters attack everyone inside after Rose touched the baby? They could get in"
      My theory is that when the creature came in contact with the Tardis, it created an effect in time and space...much different from that when Rose touched her younger self. Possibly something that scared them back or reversed the damage in time that allowed the creatures to get in the church.
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
        Do we know that, what if they are a reaction from the Time War, and only right now clean time, but as they get more powerful get more sinister
        Now, that an intressting thought.
        "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
        The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
        Rose: "Your face!"
        The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
        The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Awww poor Rose and father.

I love emotional movies (aka Titanic, The Green Mile) that show empathy, this episode told a story and it was told brilliantly. They also appeared to changed some Tyler history at the end as well.

I can't wait until they release the Doctor Who soundtrack because the music for this series keeps getting better and better.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I liked that Rose's father got to know that she is really her daughter from the future.

It would have been so frustrating otherwise. When heroes of a film/series have a big secret and they can't tell, I kind of like when they can reveal it to someone (who is going to die anyway). It feels as if it was me who's got the relief of telling everything that was kept inside.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post

I like your way of thinking.

Sorry to post on an very, very, very old topic but I was just watching my series 1 dvds all over again and I love this episode to bits.

Also when the "time monkeys who bite your bum" eat the Doctor how is it even logical that he reappears at the end of the episode when Rose's dad gets killed again. Shouldn't the Doctor's demise be continous with the flow of time in those moments?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

this is a great episode i like that we got to see roses dad and we got to see what happens if there is a paradox of any kind i liked that roses dad worked out who she is and then treed to convince a even then stubborn jacky. i also liked that roses dad decided to in the end let himself be killed in order to make sure the future once again goes back to normal. one with out him.
                sigpic

Comment

But how did the Doctor magiclally reappear at the end when the "time monkeys that bite your ass" grabbed him

Comment

i think it was because the time had been returned so like with all the people that had been taken were returned it never happened and they all returned but i am not sure
                    sigpic

Comment

Really good soundtrack for the episode. It really added to the heartbreak of Rose losing her father, meeting him, and then losing him again. I also liked the fact that Pete realized that in order to set the future back on track, he had to make the ultimate sacrifice. Despite any failures in business, he succeeded when it really counted by saving the timeline.
                      sigpic

Comment

i agree that was sad rose saved her dad only to lose him.
                        sigpic

Comment

I dont' get this. One scene the Doctor gets eating by the "FTMTBYA" and in the next couple of scenes he's back and all is right with the world. Doesn't it break the continuity of time to have him back with no explanation?

Comment

i agree
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I dont' get this. One scene the Doctor gets eating by the "FTMTBYA" and in the next couple of scenes he's back and all is right with the world. Doesn't it break the continuity of time to have him back with no explanation?
                              What's FTMTBYA an acronym for?

I thought it was said that the paradox was undone, thus all the bad things that happened as a result also were. It's not the first time that New Who's gone with Deus Ex Machina and it's certainly not the last but it feels a lot less forced than some of the others

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                What's FTMTBYA an acronym for?

I thought it was said that the paradox was undone, thus all the bad things that happened as a result also were. It's not the first time that New Who's gone with Deus Ex Machina and it's certainly not the last but it feels a lot less forced than some of the others
                                The "FTMTBYA" are the Flying Time Monkeys That Bite Your Ass

Comment

Working...
                                X