Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41
    Captain gateship15's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    i agree that was sad rose saved her dad only to lose him.

  2. #42
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,101

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    I dont' get this. One scene the Doctor gets eating by the "FTMTBYA" and in the next couple of scenes he's back and all is right with the world. Doesn't it break the continuity of time to have him back with no explanation?

  3. #43
    Captain gateship15's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    i agree

  4. #44
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    844

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I dont' get this. One scene the Doctor gets eating by the "FTMTBYA" and in the next couple of scenes he's back and all is right with the world. Doesn't it break the continuity of time to have him back with no explanation?
    What's FTMTBYA an acronym for?

    I thought it was said that the paradox was undone, thus all the bad things that happened as a result also were. It's not the first time that New Who's gone with Deus Ex Machina and it's certainly not the last but it feels a lot less forced than some of the others

  5. #45
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,101

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbellosom View Post
    What's FTMTBYA an acronym for?

    I thought it was said that the paradox was undone, thus all the bad things that happened as a result also were. It's not the first time that New Who's gone with Deus Ex Machina and it's certainly not the last but it feels a lot less forced than some of the others
    The "FTMTBYA" are the Flying Time Monkeys That Bite Your Ass

  6. #46
    Captain gateship15's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    lol i like that i love rose and her dad in this ep

  7. #47
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Online Vidding
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    There were many episodes where i almost cried. This is a truely beautiful episode.
    .. aside from the sadness, i thought the doctor and rose were going to kiss in that church.
    (i wonder if they will ever kiss.. i am new to this show so dont spoil it.)
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

    ~~~

    WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

    WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

    I AM WHOLOCKED.

  8. #48
    General maneth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor
    Posts
    21,723

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    My least favorite episode so far by quite some margin. Totally predictable from the start, I knew that the only way things could be reset would be for her father to die.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

  9. #49
    General maneth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor
    Posts
    21,723

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    Reminds me of the Trek episode City on the Edge of Forever...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

  10. #50
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,101

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    My least favorite episode so far by quite some margin. Totally predictable from the start, I knew that the only way things could be reset would be for her father to die.

    I felt the same........ Interesting comparison you made..... City On The Edge Of Forever though was a good episode..... This not so much. But it was entertaining enough.

    Christopher Eccleston would have made a fantastic Doctor had he hung around..

  11. #51
    General maneth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor
    Posts
    21,723

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I felt the same........ Interesting comparison you made..... City On The Edge Of Forever though was a good episode..... This not so much. But it was entertaining enough.

    Christopher Eccleston would have made a fantastic Doctor had he hung around..
    He would. And he's my favorite so far. The only other one to come close is Paul McGann...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

  12. #52
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,853

    Default Re: Father's Day (2708/108)

    This episode is so great and so sad, but in a good way. I really think they handle her Dad realizing what has happened, realizing he is dead and then sacrificing himself in a well done way! One of Rose's best episodes I think.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Similar Threads

  1. Stargate and Happy Father's Day!
    By morjana in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 18th, 2006, 12:13 AM
  2. This is not your father's Superman
    By Lord Shiva in forum Smallville
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •