X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, and it also how Micky was maturing
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The "graphetti that again and I'll have ye!" moment was actually one of the few things in the season that was put in at the instruction of the BBC suits. Apparantly, it's against the BBC's code to show a child breaking the law and getting away with it so they sent notes back to the producers saying that he had to be seen to make amends!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
        The "graphetti that again and I'll have ye!" moment was actually one of the few things in the season that was put in at the instruction of the BBC suits. Apparantly, it's against the BBC's code to show a child breaking the law and getting away with it so they sent notes back to the producers saying that he had to be seen to make amends!
        Interessting, I mean in the US, we are allow to do that.
        ***SPOLIERS for the CSI episode "The Unusual Suspect"*******

In fact two weeks ago a child got away with murder in a CSI episode's "The Unusual Suspect".

In fact, I would like to know how dose the BBC handle US shows that show child breaking the law and getting away with it.
        "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
        The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
        Rose: "Your face!"
        The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
        The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030
          In fact, I would like to know how dose the BBC handle US shows that show child breaking the law and getting away with it.
          I can't think of any US shows on the BBC at the mo.

Madeleine

Comment

They'd be able to show it, but only after 9pm AIUI. Which is when CSI would need to be shown anyway, I guess, due to its other content.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
              They'd be able to show it, but only after 9pm AIUI. Which is when CSI would need to be shown anyway, I guess, due to its other content.
              Breaking the law and getting away with it is part of the American dream.

It's important to instill those values while the childern are young and impressionable.

Social responsibility and accountability?

Good lord, by American standards, British society is incomprehensible.
              Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 11 April 2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                Breaking the law and getting away with it is part of the American dream.

It's important to instill those values while the childern are young and impressionable.

Social responsibility and accountability?

Good lord, by American standards, British society is incomprehensible.
                You SO get green for that. Here here!

er...just as soon as I figure out how.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Much Better than the last, and a good conclusion. It's sad to see that Rose is growing further and further away from Jackie and Mickey, they're nice people DAMN IT!

Mickey saved the world, Britain entered a golden age and aliens were once again covered up....just another day in the life of the Doctor and his companion.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Yeah, indeed. Pretty cool episode all in all.
                    sigpic

Comment

I still liked this one the second time around.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X