• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World War Three (2705/105)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    WORLD WAR THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2705

The Doctor, Rose, and their friends must find a weakness in the Slitheen before the alien creatures convince the United Nations to release control of nuclear weapons.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:28 PM.

Like part 1, Aliens of London, World War III is a fun ride. Awesome character moments, great characterization, fantastic acting and a truly thrilling ending. Fab!

8/10
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Even when confined...the Doctor is a pretty dangerous adversary.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        Even when confined...the Doctor is a pretty dangerous adversary.
        Especially when confined.
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Who was dumb enough to confine the doctor?
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

no one confined him. He confined himself.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

That sounds like the good doctor

Comment

Watched a bunch of episodes this weekend, including this two-parter. I believe I'd only watched World War Three once or twice at most before; I hardly remember anything about the episode. It was like watching a whole new story. And wow, what a story! I still cannot stand the Slitheen, but apart from those farting aliens, great stuff. Harriet Jones rocks, and that scene where the Doctor discusses Rose's safety over the phone with Jackie is just heart-breaking. He really "loves" her (in a non-romantic way) and will do anything to protect her, which also occurred to me again in Dalek and Father's Day (that's not really a spoiler, right?). What a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
                  He really "loves" her (in a non-romantic way) and will do anything to protect her, which also occurred to me again in Dalek and Father's Day (that's not really a spoiler, right?). What a guy!
                  I've that got feeling as well with the two of them, it more of a father/daughter type of love relationship. This episode also proved the old saying "That the route of all evil is money."

I love the opening part:

(the Doctor takes off the electric ID badges)"Maybe fatal for human.." (Stick the badges on the alien)

Another thing that I noticed was that SF is getting better at the commerical breaks, they don't seem to be sudden, and put in the right places.
                  Last edited by northstar_08030; 07 April 2006, 06:36 PM.
                  "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                  The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                  Rose: "Your face!"
                  The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                  The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. As soon as the doctor said the aliens were made of calcium, I immediately thought they should use CLR or Limeaway against them.
                    I thought it was funny how the Doctor made that kid clean the grafitti off the Tardis.

Comment

Man I shivered with awesome at the preview of next episode.
                      "I'm the Doctor, I'm here to help."
                      <lights go on>
                      "EX-TER-MIN-ATE"
                      why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
                        He really "loves" her (in a non-romantic way) and will do anything to protect her, which also occurred to me again in Dalek and Father's Day (that's not really a spoiler, right?). What a guy!
                        Personally I think The Doctor has always felt that way about his companions they are his responsibility and given that she is so young I think it just makes it more important to look after/out for her. He even felt like that about Romania. Yeah what a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Snork
                          Man I shivered with awesome at the preview of next episode.
                          "I'm the Doctor, I'm here to help."
                          <lights go on>
                          "EX-TER-MIN-ATE"
                          You aren't the only one, I got a chill when I heard that.
                          "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."

Comment

Wow It was cool. When the Doctor told the alien woman that he would stop them, she actually looked like she was afraid for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                              Wow It was cool. When the Doctor told the alien woman that he would stop them, she actually looked like she was afraid for a second.
                              Dan it! I didn't see that part, but this episode was a telling episode about the nature of the 9th Doctor. That when push to come, you don't back this guy is a corner and if you do, look out! Another thing that I noticed in this episode as well, that when you help him save the world or even the universe, he will offer you to come along with him, maybe this is his way to repaid his debt to you.
                              Last edited by northstar_08030; 09 April 2006, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X