• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens Of London (2704/104)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    ALIENS OF LONDON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2704

An alien space craft crashes in London after the Doctor and Rose return, throwing the city into a panic. But the incident may just be a cover for a more sinister invasion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:27 PM.

Aliens of London gets a bad rep from some, for a lot of undeserved reasons, IMO. AOL is a fun, fun episode. The slap, the Space Pig, god help me, even the farting. This episode keeps a good pace, and it just always keeps things fun. I really enjoyed AOL.

8/10.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

My only issue is that the unsuiting of the Slitheen DOES get a tad repetitive. It can't be dramatic EVERY time they use it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And after a while the farting gets a bit repetetive. I thought this ep was quite good with the crash landing into big ben and the pig. However in my opinion its the worst of the three 2 part stories in the season.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Farting aside, this two-parter felt more like Classic Who than any other story from s27. A cliffhanger is pretty much a requirement for anything to feel like Classic Who, so the fact that it wsa a two-parter helped, but it was also nice seeing the UNIT stuff, and the mix of fun and fear was just right.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Farting aside, this two-parter felt more like Classic Who than any other story from s27. A cliffhanger is pretty much a requirement for anything to feel like Classic Who, so the fact that it wsa a two-parter helped, but it was also nice seeing the UNIT stuff, and the mix of fun and fear was just right.
            Hear hear, I agree with everything you said Madeleine

Comment

I think everyone on the production team's agreed that this could have been much better. It was the first to be filmed and RTD (whose usually incredibly nice about everyone) has said that inexperience in the genre caused the director to make serious mistakes (encouraging the actors playing the Slitheen to camp it up for instance) and that their OWN inexperience as producers of the genre caused them to not speak up about their concerns.

They seem to have an attitude of "It happened once, and at least it happening that once means we can make sure it never happens again" about the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                Hmm, I'm intrugied, why exactly do you think it was the closest ep to a classic Who?

Personally I felt that "The Christmas Invasion" is the closest thing we've been given to a classic episode. It was long enough to allow room for some of the less significant,yet important scenes where nothing much happens. It had a good old fashioned alien invasion, with some good confrontation from the doctor.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Plus it had that swordfight in the sky outside the ship which was very classic.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I believe the closest thing I can do to demonstrate how excited I was at that sword fight is this....

*SQUEE!!!!!*

I've never found another word such as that that can actually portray such excitement. it was an amazingly cool and classic Who scene.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Despite how campy this one was, I did like the cliffhanger.

DASP just loves dem cliffhangers.

Comment

I't just at the first commercial break here, and I already spotted the reference!
                        Spoiler:
                        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                        I caught frogs and called them prince
                        And made myself a queen
                        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                        I slept in castles and fell in love
                        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                        To capture tinkerbell
                        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                        And anything I can to get by
                        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

good episode
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

It was good, There is so much classic Doctor it's unbeliveable.
                            Now an appearence from the Brig would have been priceless
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I thought it was pretty good. Have they used the slitheen in Doctor Who before? It sounds familiar...
                              I would also like to have seen the brigadier from Unit...but then he'd be pretty old.

Ok, i'm new to the new series, but is there going to be a reference to the "bad wolf" in every episode?

Comment

Working...
                              X