No announcement yet.

The End Of The World (2702/102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode, although the Doctor seemed very cruel to let Cassandra go boom at the end.

The special effects of the destruction of the Earth was exception, and this episode also brought up information about the 'extermination' of the Time Lords
    with Jade, the tree lady, sharing a touching moment with our favourite Time Lord.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Absolutely loved this episode. So many priceless moments. Especially when they wheeled out the jukebox and called it an "ipod" and then played Tainted Love. Also really liked Cassandra, hilariously funny character, especially funny when Rose called her a b***** trampoline. The only thing I didn't like was the fans.

"Where am I going to go- Ipswitch?"

Comment

was I the only one who saw Rose wanting to run up and yell "its a smegging juke box not an iPod! Now, this is an iPod!!!!"
        Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
        Spoiler:
        "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
        "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
        "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
        "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
        "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
          was I the only one who saw Rose wanting to run up and yell "its a smegging juke box not an iPod! Now, this is an iPod!!!!"
          I wouldn't have been able to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
            I would have exploded in laughter if she did.

Comment

i saw this episode for the second time the other night and was still really saddened at jades death. she was only in the episode for a bit, but i felt she had such a great relationship with the doctor that it broke my heart when she died.

but onto happier parts, i laughed so hard when cassandra bought out the "iPod" and started playing Tainted Love, and the Doctor started to bop along to the music!
              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
              "what?"
              *throat punch*
              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

In many ways this is one of the episodes of the new series to be more like the classic series; we had aliens galore, it was set in the future, we had sacrifices and we had a companion who didn't stop complaining!

Oh and it was very camp!

I am still not sure I like the idea of the T.A.R.D.I.S now being the reason companions can understand what the aliens are saying, I preferred the idea of it coming from the Timelords themselves, but yeah as I think I said in my original post, with them wiped out that idea wouldn't have worked anymore.

Comment

Cassandra is one of my favorite characters of the series

Comment

The major thing that I remember is what my mum said upon seeing the spider-bot things:

"Hey, are those replicators?"

sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

i love this episode i didn't like Cassandra but that's maybe because i have the same name. i do think the doctor letting her blow up was a bit harsh but she did kind of deserve it she killed some of the guests and almost killed rose.
                      sigpic

Comment

Rose annoyed me in this one, I'd forgotten she was such a damsel in distress. I liked her better in Rose when she saved the Doctor.
                        sigpic

Comment

First time we see Face of Beau. I remember seeing this episode for the first time and loving how Doctor Who was truly like nothing else I'd ever seen. Good stuff!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X