• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End Of The World (2702/102)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    THE END OF THE WORLD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2702

The Doctor takes Rose 5 billion years into the future, where a group of alien dignitaries have gathered to watch the destruction of the planet Earth. But one among them is plotting sabotage.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:26 PM.

Yet another good episode, but there was something missing IMO, a lot more could have been done with it. However, the story was OK and the acting was done to near perfection. Oh, and the Bad Wolf Music as the doctor stepped through the fans was a nice touch, and that music, IMO, reflects how the ninth doctor acts and his personality.

Rating: 7/10

Quote:
    Doctor: *having set Rose's phone to call back in time* Wait until you get the bill
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yay end of the world the episode where half the budget was spent on it. I thought it was quite a good episode and it was the first time that we realise the the Doctor is
      Spoiler:
      The Last of the Time Lords
      I liked the Moxx of Balhoon the Face of Boe and the Trees were good although I didnt like Cassandra because well She was just a flap of skin which was annoying plus I had my friends shouting at me for weeks shouting 'Moisturise me!!!'. I give this ep 7/10.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        plus I had my friends shouting at me for weeks shouting 'Moisturise me!!!'. I give this ep 7/10.
        Do you look like a large flap of skin that commands people alot
        Anyway, i'd rate this a steady:

8/10,

I found the special effects through the roof (Good!), I like the "Ancient relics of Earth" the last human brought it. Although, I found the managers incompetence rather...interesting, and those little spider-arachnids annoyed me.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
          Do you look like a large flap of skin that commands people alot
          Well im more of a Whovian than my mates are and it was subsequently the first episode they saw of the new season so they just found it all one big joke. Well except for the bits with the Doc crying and stuff which were cool in their retrospective.

Comment

The End of the World, after the uneven feel of "Rose" made me think "Now that's more like it!" While I would not call this episode perfect, or even the best this series had to offer, it's such a joyous return of Doctor Who to it's form that I probably give this some points it might have otherwise not garner. For instance, I would normally have to take points off for the Galaxy Quest style fans blocking the way to the reset switch... but so much else in this episode just so works.

That last scene, with the Doctor telling of the fate of Gallifrey... that was pure magic. That was Doctor Who.

8/10
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Just watched it tonight. Certainly thought provoking. I liked it.
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I liked this ep a lot. Very strong opening for Dr. Who, the New Series. True, the Galaxy Quest-type bits were hokey, but unlike the 'crushy things' from nowhere, I felt that it was legitimate for there to be a mechanical challenge at the power generation center of the station.
                sigpic

Comment

Two Dr.Who eps back to back... I thought the first episode is great, and here I find the second ep equally as great as the first one. It gets better and better... and the End of the World, at that! Really cool.

For the noobs in the series, this episode gives out bits of info about who Dr.Who is
                  Spoiler:
                  a/ He is a Time Lord b/He is the last of his kind c/he was involved in a time war and was in a ship that fought in it d/ his planet (Gillafrey) destroyed and reduced to rocks and dust, like Earth.
                  Kudos to the writers! And the part about Dr.Who on the verge of tears when reminded of his people and the fate of his planet... good acting in favor of Chris Eccleston, IMO. Definitely warming up the doctor to the audience.

I like Rose's reactions in this episode. Her doubts about accompanying Dr.Who in this adventure, coupled with the fact that she is witnessing Earth's demise in the future, are all normal and believable.

I'd rate this show 8.5/10.

And yeah, that flap of skin! What a B. Reminds me of neurotic, narcisstic women who thinks plastic surgery is the solution to all beauty problems. Gah!

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
                  From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
                  But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
                  To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
                  Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Originally posted by LadyShip
                    And yeah, that flap of skin! What a B. Reminds me of neurotic, narcisstic women who thinks plastic surgery is the solution to all beauty problems. Gah!
                    Zoe Wanamaker as Cassandra was the highlight of this ep for me. There were some great characters in this episode but she was deinately my favourite.

Comment

what the hell are time lords? sorry i just watched both eps last nite and it can certainly get addicting. and why are there 9 or 10 doctors... yea im a bit confused.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                        what the hell are time lords? sorry i just watched both eps last nite and it can certainly get addicting. and why are there 9 or 10 doctors... yea im a bit confused.
                        This is all expained in the what the heck is Dr. Who thread.

Comment

Loved it
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Love this episode, all the thing with the end of Earth. Definitely enjoy the reaction of Rose to Casandra. The I-pod presentation was just hilarious. Very cool episode.
                            They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
                            --Markus--

Comment

Did Casandra even die, I was thinking about it and wasn't that her brain in the Jar below. What if it was just her mouth piece that got distroyed?
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                              X