• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose (2701/101)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 27
    ROSE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 2701

Rose Tyler meets a mysterious stranger known only as the Doctor, and her life will never be the same again. With her family and friends in danger, their only hope for salvation lies inside a strange blue box.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:22 PM.

OMG! Do I get to be the first to post? EDIT: YES! That's what happens with Timezone differences.

Well I haven't watched this ep since it first screened but my past impression was something like this (no I really suck at reviews) ...

Chris and Billie: I couldn't believe how much Chris was The Doctor he owned the character from the minute he appears on screen and what an appearance, dressed in Leather jacket and even with that short, short hair he is our Doctor. As for Billie, I didn't know her at all from her brief singing career so she was a new face to me but Rose; Blond, can I say common (don't hit me) she immediately reminded me of the 7th Doctor's companion ACE, not just because of her youth but her attitude.

The T.A.R.D.I.S Wow don't like the new interior, I always loved Peter's Tardis, but now I have seen more of the new console and...no I still don't like the inside, I can live with that.

The one thing I loved about this episode was the ending, RTD tapped straight into the why wouldn't you want to trade this to go traveling with The Doctor, you know we have all thought that at some stage watching Dr Who.

See I told you I suck at reviews. 10/10 just for being Dr Who!
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 24 January 2006, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Looks that way

I thought this was an excellent opening episode - I'll post more on this episode once I re-watch it when UK Gold repeat it again

Comment

Yes my email did work and the pics work too !!!!!!!!
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
          Yes my email did work and the pics work too !!!!!!!!
          Yea! Things are looking up, but hmmm, we have Series 27.

Comment

Perhaps in future times we will be able to have seasons 1-27 but that is unlikely to happen in our lifetime.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              Yea! Things are looking up, but hmmm, we have Series 27.
              Good thing we voted, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                Good thing we voted, eh?
                Well, I voted for 27. My vote must have been a more special vote than yours

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Well, I voted for 27. My vote must have been a more special vote than yours

LOL!

Next time, let's use the popular vote instead of the electoral vote.

In any case, whether it's Season or Series...1 or 27 or 28; it's good to have it back.

Comment

OMG! Do I get to be the first to post? EDIT: YES! That's what happens with Timezone differences.

Well I haven't watched this ep since it first screened but my past impression was something like this (no I really suck at reviews) ...

Chris and Billie: I couldn't believe how much Chris was The Doctor he owned the character from the minute he appears on screen and what an appearance, dressed in Leather jacket and even with that short, short hair he is our Doctor. As for Billie, I didn't know her at all from her brief singing career so she was a new face to me but Rose; Blond, can I say common (don't hit me) she immediately reminded me of the 7th Doctor's companion ACE, not just because of her youth but her attitude.

The T.A.R.D.I.S Wow don't like the new interior, I always loved Peter's Tardis, but now I have seen more of the new console and...no I still don't like the inside, I can live with that.

The one thing I loved about this episode was the ending, RTD tapped straight into the why wouldn't you want to trade this to go traveling with The Doctor, you know we have all thought that at some stage watching Dr Who.

See I told you I suck at reviews. 10/10 just for being Dr Who!
                    Chris Ecclestone did a fabulous job helping to revive the series... I think I took to him almost straightaway. Seeing the sonic screwdriver in action is always a plus.
                    I'm not a huge fan of the Autons, I'm afraid... but I enjoyed the energy that RTD brought to this story.
                    And I agree with you about the interior... the organic look is still hard to get used to. Looks too much like a cave. Now, why couldn't he get the Rani's tardis interior.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Chris Ecclestone did a fabulous job helping to revive the series... I think I took to him almost straightaway.
                      Me too.

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      And I agree with you about the interior... the organic look is still hard to get used to. Looks too much like a cave. Now, why couldn't he get the Rani's tardis interior.
                      The Rani's interior was cool, certainly better than most interiors.

The 1996 movie interior was too much (and based on the Season 14 interior which I hated).

I thought the Post-Five Doctors console was too futuristic. I prefer the more primitive and tactile model, so the Doctor could wrestle with the controls.

The new interior is neat, but it doesn't work as the TARDIS for me.

My favorite will always be the original and by that I mean Hartnell's set...not the white model...but the light green color. Perhaps a darker shade for the B&W episodes.

IMO, they should have never changed it to white...too bright for color television...not enough mood.

Despite the structural design and the ugly console...the color, textures, and lightning of the new interior is excellent.

Comment

I thought the Post-Five Doctors console was too futuristic. I prefer the more primitive and tactile model, so the Doctor could wrestle with the controls.
                        What one did Patrick use was that the old fashioned looking one? I liked that one too. I really don't like the new one and The Doctor has to behave so silly when he uses it.

Comment

OK, this episode was the perfect way to kick the new series off, Christopher was a great, sorry should that be "FANTASTIC!"? . The story worked well, bringing the Autons back was great, they needed an old enemy to do it and IMO they were the right choice.

Oh, and I kinda like the Tardis myself, but I can see why others wouldnt

Episode Rating: 8/10

Top Quote:

Rose: If you really are an alien how come you sound like your from the north?
                          Doctor: Lots of planets have a north
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

What one did Patrick use was that the old fashioned looking one? I liked that one too.
                            I believe the same one was used from Season 1 to Season 7. You can notice the console is green in The Inferno. The whole TARDIS set was green so they avoided showing it until both the interior and console could be redesigned for Season 8.

Why green? Because that shade of green translated as a brighter white in B&W.

Originally posted by DrWho'srose
                            I really don't like the new one and The Doctor has to behave so silly when he uses it.
                            The bicycle pump is silly.

The TARDIS is supposed to be operated by several people. That was how it was originally envisioned, but years of Doctor Who episodes contradicted those production notes. Apparently, RTD is big on sticking to the production notes of the original series.

Comment

The bicycle pump is silly.

The TARDIS is supposed to be operated by several people. That was how it was originally envisioned, but years of Doctor Who episodes contradicted those production notes. Apparently, RTD is big on sticking to the production notes of the original series.
                              The only time I cringed, was watching Chis when he used the Tardis, it was way OTT.

Comment

Working...
                              X