This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Writing Contest

I am currently participating in a Stargate Atlantis writing competition. There are three teams writing stories from the same beginning, and at the end there will be a vote to determine the winner. If anybody is interested in reading the stories as they progress and voting at the end, please visit:

Atlantis Writing Competition

If you register and then post in the Member Signups thread in General Discussion, (or just PM me -- I'm Lysia -- and I'll organize it with the admin) you'll be given access to the stories and a chance to vote at the end. Currently the stories are hidden to prevent the teams seeing what the others are doing.

If you're interested in writing yourself, we may run another of these if there is enough interest.

My LiveJournal

Steve the Wraith's Adventures

www.legendofzeldaseries.com

Come read a story, post comments or just chat with the friendly group of participants and spectators.

As Lysia mentioned, when you create a username, just PM me or post on the Member Signups thread in General Discussion. The competition was started on the official Stargate Atlantis forum.

Comment

I'll do a story about John Sheppard.

1000 years ago, HipVeloro, the leader of the Alteran who is fighting the Ori before they ascended. They are in a planet that is now a city of the gods located.

Hipveloro is waiting for his baby to be born. It is John Sheppard, well he name him Veloro and put him to stasis and sent to Earth by a ship.
      sigpic
      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

I have one done, i might submit that

Comment

Hey fellow fan fic writers!

I was purusing my "other" fic blog...and came across this

The Isis Awards
          http://isis.worldstowander.com/
          For Atlantis and SG-1 writers

here is there descript - Good Luck!

Hello, and welcome to the home of the second annual Isis Awards for Stargate Secondary 'Ship Fanfic! What exactly does that mean? Well, I'll tell you.

Like most fandoms, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis have het 'ships that, for whatever reason, tend to attract the majority of the fans to them--Sam/Jack, for example. But as in any fandom, there are also people who are more drawn to others, and these folks can sometimes get lost in the shuffle. The goal of the Isis Awards is to give less popular het 'ships and the people who support them a chance to be recognized for their hard work and creativity in a way that they might not be elsewhere. If you want to be a part of that, all you have to do is nominate and vote for all your favorite secondary 'ship fanfic when nominations and voting respectively open.

So why the "Isis Awards"? For three reasons: 1) Isis was Osiris' queen and since Osiris wasn't female before Sarah, that means she was involved in a het 'ship, 2) we never saw her alive, so we can pretend that she wouldn't have been mean and cruel and villainous like Hathor, and 3) we never saw her alive, so how much more secondary can you get?

This year we're also opening the awards to Atlantis secondary het 'ships. After some discussion, we've decided this means anything but Sheppard/Weir. This is irregardless of which way canon eventually ends up leaning with regards to 'ships, but rather based on the distribution of the fanbase at the moment.

Thanks for dropping by and showing your support for Stargate's secondary 'ships! If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected].

Status as of 2/15/06 - Voting is open and will close on 2/25/06.
          WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
          "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
          Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Working...
          X