This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient plague in the Milky Way Galaxy

Sorry this has been repeated so many times folks.

I was just wondering who unleashed that devastating plague on the Ancients millions of years ago.

Joe Mallozzi stated awhile back that it wasnt the Ori, Goauld or Hot Zone virus creators. It could be a totally new enemy. I think they should explore this in Stargate SG-1's season 10. I think they can use Lovecraft mythology for these plague creators. Since this is the only mythology/legends/tales that the writers hasnot explorered yet besides Australian Aborigine mythology.

It could have been Ancient science gone wrong.
    * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000
      Sorry this has been repeated so many times folks.

I was just wondering who unleashed that devastating plague on the Ancients millions of years ago.

Joe Mallozzi stated awhile back that it wasnt the Ori, Goauld or Hot Zone virus creators. It could be a totally new enemy. I think they should explore this in Stargate SG-1's season 10. I think they can use Lovecraft mythology for these plague creators. Since this is the only mythology/legends/tales that the writers hasnot explorered yet besides Australian Aborigine mythology.
      When was this said? Just curious because first time i have heard of it and i was always under the impression that the Ori created the plague...

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It could be that the plague occured naturally. Viruses mutate and its possible that a virus simply became resistant to the Ancients healing abilities and medical tech. by the time they had a cure it had mutated into multiple strains.
        Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
          It could be that the plague occured naturally. Viruses mutate and its possible that a virus simply became resistant to the Ancients healing abilities and medical tech. by the time they had a cure it had mutated into multiple strains.
          I agree, There's so many viruses in the galaxy any mutlitude of them could have caused the ancients downfall. Just think how many viruses are on this world and then think of how many planets in the galaxy, hypochondriachs nightmare.

Comment

There are plenty of mythologies they haven't explored yet. I don't recall ever hearing of any Mayan Goa'uld. Or Chinese deities (Yu doesn't count as Yu was an actual person). Or Same lore (Northern Scandinavia). Or...

Besides, Lovecraft isn't even actual lore. It's literature. I'd say they should throw in some random Simpsons and Invader Zim/Irken lore. "OMFG! Mr. Burns is a System Lord!"

Comment

Yeah, Lovecraft can hardly be considered as a possible basis for Stargate episodes. Might aswell have them run into Optimus Prime!!

In the beginning of The Fourth Horseman
              Spoiler:
              Dr. Lam is talking to Landry about the symptoms of the Prior Plague. She says they are nearly if not IDENTICAL to the Ancient Plague contracted by the team from the Ancient women in Frozen. Thus, it is more than reasonable to deduce that the Orii sent the plague with the Alterrans several million years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                Yeah, Lovecraft can hardly be considered as a possible basis for Stargate episodes. Might aswell have them run into Optimus Prime!!

In the beginning of The Fourth Horseman
                Spoiler:
                Dr. Lam is talking to Landry about the symptoms of the Prior Plague. She says they are nearly if not IDENTICAL to the Ancient Plague contracted by the team from the Ancient women in Frozen. Thus, it is more than reasonable to deduce that the Orii sent the plague with the Alterrans several million years ago.
                Doesn't matter. Joe Malozzi, one of the writers on the show, has stated that teh Ori were NOT the ones who infected the Ancients with the plague.

Lam vs. Mallozi. Mallozi wins!

Comment

Tell us where Mallozi says this.

Comment

If you can find the quote or direct us to the location it would help since the plague the Ori unleashed and the one affecting the Ancient in Antartica were almost identical as has been mentioned in that they affected the nervous system forcing the body to shut down leading to eventual death.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

No, i don't think the Orii unleashed the plauge. They ascended after the ancients so it would have affected them to.

Comment

Uhm the plague would have affected the Ori as well but thats the point with biological weapons, those powers who deploy them take that risk. If the Ori made the plague then I believe they unleashed it before the Alterans left the home galaxy. When the Ancients reached the Milky Way the plague spread. Now you can say that thats a long time and if it was unleashed so early how come the Ancients didnt die a long time ago. Well a possible solution was their advanced biology. The Ancient in Antartica had the disease but she didnt die because her body was fighting it. But not curing it. So its possible the Ancient Altera suffered from the plague for so long but could never cure themselves. Speculation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          There are plenty of mythologies they haven't explored yet. I don't recall ever hearing of any Mayan Goa'uld. Or Chinese deities (Yu doesn't count as Yu was an actual person). Or Same lore (Northern Scandinavia). Or...

Besides, Lovecraft isn't even actual lore. It's literature. I'd say they should throw in some random Simpsons and Invader Zim/Irken lore. "OMFG! Mr. Burns is a System Lord!"
                          What about that goa'uld mentioned in Evoloution, the one who found the piece of Ancient tech the sarcophagus is based on? He was either Mayan or Aztec, I'm pretty sure. Then there are the Giiiant Aaaliens of Nick's--you know, the ones with the crystal skull? They spoke Mayan, I'm pretty sure.

BTW, it's spelled "Sami" not "Same." At least, I've never seen it spelled "same" before.
                          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter
                            What about that goa'uld mentioned in Evoloution, the one who found the piece of Ancient tech the sarcophagus is based on? He was either Mayan or Aztec, I'm pretty sure. Then there are the Giiiant Aaaliens of Nick's--you know, the ones with the crystal skull? They spoke Mayan, I'm pretty sure.

BTW, it's spelled "Sami" not "Same." At least, I've never seen it spelled "same" before.
                            Mayan deity while the giant aliens were Aztec (technically Toltec though), I think Hathor was also locked up in a Mayan pyramid.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                              I think Hathor was also locked up in a Mayan pyramid.
                              Yes she was!
                              S.T.A.K.S. if you think kirking stinks...

Jackson: Earth minutes?
                              Mitchell: Yeah, I've always wanted to say that.
                              Vala: Well, now you have.

Image hosted by RandomImage.net

Member of Ben Hiney Club, Happy Trails Club and The Amazing Arm Appreciation Association Dex's Devil

Comment

Working...
                              X