Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the Lucian in the Lucian Alliance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the Lucian in the Lucian Alliance?

Why do they call themselves the Lucian Alliance? it sounds very Satanic/Demonic.

^ to add to that first post what is the lucian alliance?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Can we add "Why are we bothering with them when we have the Ori to worry about".

The whole "lucian alliance" smacks of something out of ST Voyager, a "enemy of the week" style thing, and no-where near enough to sustain any sort of storyline.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
        Can we add "Why are we bothering with them when we have the Ori to worry about".

The whole "lucian alliance" smacks of something out of ST Voyager, a "enemy of the week" style thing, and no-where near enough to sustain any sort of storyline.
        i have no idea why they are there!!!!! a bit poitnless if you ask me, unless it serves a higher purpose!!!!! *shrugs*
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

i got nothin!
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

They're just there to add a different flavour to the mix once in a while so that we aren't fighting the Orii EVERY week.

Also, Darkstar, tell your friends at bluechevron that I'm looking for a two-bed detached house with starship hangar on a neutral planet. Preferably with a spacious garden and defence turrets.
            * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
              They're just there to add a different flavour to the mix once in a while so that we aren't fighting the Orii EVERY week.

Also, Darkstar, tell your friends at bluechevron that I'm looking for a two-bed detached house with starship hangar on a neutral planet. Preferably with a spacious garden and defence turrets.
              i'll get you on the waiting list, as you know since the Ori ethnic cleansings neutral planets are more rare these days, which is bad because it really brings the real value of hot propeties right down regardless of the secure parking facilities, he he

Comment

"Lucian of Samosata (Greek, Λουκιανὸς Σαμοσατεύς, Latin, Lucianus; c. AD 120 - after 180) was a rhetorician and satirist, writing in the Greek language, noted for his witty and scoffing nature. "

Lucian also wrote a satire called The Passing of Peregrinus, in which the lead character, Peregrinus, takes advantage of the generosity and gullibility of Christians.
                Arent they taking advantage of the civilizations left behind by the goa'uld or something?
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

And here people thought TPTB was getting away from historical references.

Good job Qasim. Green for you!

Comment

Bow to the power of google
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

I think it only makes sense that there are people out there in our galaxy using stolen ships to make profit. In this case, stealing al'kesh, gliders and cargo ships. There are even more of those alliances but the Lucian Alliance the biggest. But they only have a few Al'kesh at there disposal.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

The Lucian Alliance is a futile attempt at... well... nothing. Come on. They were a huge joke in their first appearance. We're not going to see them again in season 9. There will be a NEW enemy introduced to us in season 10...

So the Lucian Alliance will be... some kind of funny semi-bad guys? The Ori sidekicks?

Comment

Actually, the Lucian Alliance has a decent sized fleet of over a dozen Alkesh, and several gliders and cargo ships as complement. Besides, we are going to see them again this season, I'd bet on it. The Lucian Alliance may no be much now, but i'm sure, with some resourcefullness, they could become a serious problem. Ofcourse, paleing in comparison to the Ori, and the former threat of the Goa'uld. I believe they will become a kind of galactic mafia. Becomeing to the FJN and Earth what the Tok'ra were to the Goa'uld, except this time the big guys are the good guys.

Comment

Or they might play an important role in defeating the Orii, they might find or do something for us when they get to know how the Orii do things. Not good for them i the Orii take control.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                              Actually, the Lucian Alliance has a decent sized fleet of over a dozen Alkesh, and several gliders and cargo ships as complement. Besides, we are going to see them again this season, I'd bet on it. The Lucian Alliance may no be much now, but i'm sure, with some resourcefullness, they could become a serious problem. Ofcourse, paleing in comparison to the Ori, and the former threat of the Goa'uld. I believe they will become a kind of galactic mafia. Becomeing to the FJN and Earth what the Tok'ra were to the Goa'uld, except this time the big guys are the good guys.
                              *does Godfather voice* and perhaps cut the head of horses and leave the head in the bed of their enemies

Its an interesting idea to have an intergalactic crime organisation. First time its done in stargate i believe so should be interesting, i prefer they dont become the new bad guy but rather remain as a tertiary enemy for the show.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X