X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney To Buy Pixar?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34241

Walt Disney Co. is in serious discussions to buy Pixar Animation Studios, producer of hit films such as The Incredibles, after months in which the two animation giants have been exploring ways to continue their lucrative partnership, the Wall Street Journal reported. More ...
    sigpic

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen at all! Pixar films are a HUGE source of income to many aspects of the Walt Disney Company right now. In fact, they just opened a brand new Monsters Inc ride at Disneyland, and a Finding Nemo ride (a redress of the old submarines) is coming next year. The popularity of Pixar's films is incredible!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Yay, Steve Jobs won't own Pixar anymore (WE HATES HIM, WE HATES ALL MACSSS)
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Well it's going to happen, tomorrow, I know becuause I digged it:
        http://applexnet.com/index.php?name=...ticle&sid=1712
        sigpic

Comment

Yep its gonna go through in the morning
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I really hope that Pixar's creative team does not change in this case. As much as I love Disney, I think Pixar really outshines them from a creative standpoint these days. I'm afraid that with this new control, Disney will stifle them and start making more stinkers like Home on the Range (seriously, I'm bitter about that one. What a way to kill traditional hand-drawn animation). The best thing for Disney is to let Pixar do their thing, and let Disney handle the promotional and business side of the films.

Comment

Yep that would be best but in the corporate world things rarely work like that
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

That's exactly why I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                  I really hope that Pixar's creative team does not change in this case. As much as I love Disney, I think Pixar really outshines them from a creative standpoint these days. I'm afraid that with this new control, Disney will stifle them and start making more stinkers like Home on the Range (seriously, I'm bitter about that one. What a way to kill traditional hand-drawn animation). The best thing for Disney is to let Pixar do their thing, and let Disney handle the promotional and business side of the films.
                  I hope so too, but knowing Disney, I'm sure that they will go in there and re work all the departments to their own liking, thus killing a great company.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                    Yay, Steve Jobs won't own Pixar anymore (WE HATES HIM, WE HATES ALL MACSSS)
                    actually the way it will go down is he will end up the biggest shareholder in disney history which will probably mean mickey ipods etc

Comment

*sigh* I do hope that Pixar isn't butchered, personally, I'm just super annoyed at Disney of late, i've seen alot of things bought out by Disney that were absolutely great and then remade and turned into absolute crap.
                      *Dave the Barbarian anyone?*

Also, I gotta ask, was Chicken Little made exclusively by Disney? Or did Pixar make it and Disney just stuck their title up instead of Pixar/Disney?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

If Disney lets Disney retake the helm I would not have a problem.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Well, in light of some information (at the top) that came out later that day, my hopes are starting to soar. The thought of Lasseter in charge of Animation as well as Imagineering tickles me pink!

Comment

I agree that Disney doesn't have the story concepts that Pixar has. The Disney/Pixar movies like Toy Story were great, but some of the newer Disney movies have been kind of a let down. I hope this changes for the better.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

i believe disney and pixar have been creative partners for a while now

and disney have now bought Pixar for a hefty $7bn. this will be a huge huge step up for disney, but imo its a step down for pixar. however, pixars creative executives have been given control over creative decisions so its not all bad

toy story 3 has also been cancelled as well due to this recent merger with lasseter saying they wont release a film which doesnt have a strong story, or with the original creative force working on it
                              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Working...
                              X