This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beginnings Boxset offical cover art

Here is the offical cover art for the first three stories in 'The Beginnings Boxset'.

An Unearthly Child

The Daleks

The Edge of Destruction

Enjoy!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Metarock Sam; 20 January 2006, 10:37 AM. Reason: a couple of errors needed sorting out
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Thanks for the pics! Am wonderin whether to buy these or not, most likely will
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well mine has already been preorderd so I should get it just before my birthday. (Feb 2nd)

Comment

Oh dear, Carole Ann Ford looks absolutely silly biting her nail, sucking her finger, sampling cake batter, or whatever she's supposed to be doing.

I hope the region 1 version has a better picture.

Well, no matter...I'm making my own covers anyhow.

Comment

They could have picked a better picture of William Hartnell. Facing us directly, head down, glancing up...yuck.

For an actor who really knew how to work a camera, I've noticed a surprising lack of style in the still pictures of him.

Head tilted up, looking down on us probably would have been more appropriate for his character in this story.

Comment

I like the backgrounds on each cover.

But The Edge of Destruction cover is the best all around.

Barbara & Ian look better in this cover than Susan or the Doctor do in theirs.

Finally, we have the TARDIS interior spread out on a cover. Awesome.

Comment

Well I have to say in my opinion the 2nd cover is the best due to the coolness of blue tinted daleks !!!

Comment

Are these the covers for the UK DVDs? If so, what happened to the dark blue box cover?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

These DVDS are in the blue box. kinda like a stargate boxset.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    These DVDS are in the blue box. kinda like a stargate boxset.
                    I was hoping that the BBC would release all the previous Doctor Who storys in their own TARDIS styled boxes like the recent series was. Are the BBC still missing some episodes?
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                      I was hoping that the BBC would release all the previous Doctor Who storys in their own TARDIS styled boxes like the recent series was. Are the BBC still missing some episodes?
                      Yeah, about 107 individual episodes are still missing from the first six seasons.

Many incomplete stories were released in The Lost in Time collection.

Comment

Currently there are four boxsets available (well you have to preorder the beggingings boxset for the moment and in the US and Canada the New series first season has been postponed after Scifi bought the show). 3 in the UK and 4 in the US and Canada. Those boxsets are...
                        The lost in time collection: starring William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton
                        The Beginnings boxset: see above
                        The complete first series of new Doctor Who: Starring Christopher Ecclestone and Billie Piper
                        and the one only for US and Canada The Key to Time Giftset.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          Yeah, about 107 individual episodes are still missing from the first six seasons.

Many incomplete stories were released in The Lost in Time collection.
                          I was just thinking becasue i hve several William Hartnell storys on copied tapes in my loft. I think i'll find out which episodes are missing and see if i have them somewhere.
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

well if you have them send them to the bbc and then perhaps we will have more complete stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                              I was just thinking becasue i hve several William Hartnell storys on copied tapes in my loft. I think i'll find out which episodes are missing and see if i have them somewhere.
                              If you have any high quality recordings of the first six seasons, missing or not, they still could be very useful to the BBC.

Many of the tapes in the BBC archive aren't the highest quality.

Here is a link to Outpost Gallifrey's Episode Guide which has a complete list of missing episodes. Simply click on each story to see which episodes are stored in the BBC archive. Also it will tell you what format each stored episode has been recorded on. Early in the history of the show, each episode in a story was given a unique title, so it may a little time consuming if you don't know what to look for.

Any questions, let me know.

Here is a link to the Restoration Team responsible for remastering Doctor Who episodes for release on DVD.
                              Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 22 January 2006, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X