Spoilers for episodes 1 and 2. "Rising"

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

I thought it the fact that the holographic ancient never mentioned the word "wraith" was quite clever. In this sense if the viewers or writers ever get bored of the wraith, or they just do their time, they can awaken the real enemy.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I want the wraith to be written out, but the writers were clever this time around. With SG-1 they made the Goa'uld the only major enemy in the begininng, and they also made them too powerful from the start. With the Wraith however, for all we know they may be easier to kill than we think, and there may be a lot less of them than we think. They can written out more quickly, and more easily than the Goa'uld ever could.

Excellent point!

Comment

yeah may be Ancients met Evil Furling and payed for it!? lol, stupid idea... And for that Furling were banned form our galaxy...umm...

Comment

Your most probably right, it was done for expandability from the writers.
        *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
        McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Personally, I think the reason the Hologram didn't name the Wraith was because the writers wanted as little as possible to be revealed about the new enemy until later in the episode. You know, building suspense.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I did really like the "keeper" though. I thought it was played brilliantly, although the actress did remind me of someone else, and I'm sure she was in SG-1 or something similar, I can't put my finger on it though. lol.

To be honest though I would hate for them to get rid of the Wraith in the same sense that the Taelons were gotten rid of from Earth: Final Conflict. I was never a huge fan of that show but one time I watched it out of the blue and the Taelons had gone and something else in its place. It would be nice if the Wraith were always there, but they don't always have to be in the spotlight, that's when an enemy loses is "scary appeal".

Comment

The Taelons were written out because the producers of E:FC mercilessly chased whatever fad was vogue at the time. Check out how everyone started wearing black clothes and trenchcoats shortly after The Matrix came out, for example. -- in the same vein, the Atavus were created to cash in on the Buffy craze. They're alien vampires.

I don't see the same thing happening in Stargate's future.

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
                The Taelons were written out because the producers of E:FC mercilessly chased whatever fad was vogue at the time. Check out how everyone started wearing black clothes and trenchcoats shortly after The Matrix came out, for example. -- in the same vein, the Atavus were created to cash in on the Buffy craze. They're alien vampires.
                Umm...
                Lets get back to Stargate here.

Comment

Edited in the line that made the post relevant, heh.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Another good thing was that the city is so large, so they can have loads of sub-plots, they also brought loads of people along, so again more sub-plots and opportunities for re-occuring characters.

With a city that huge, there must be so much technology that can be messed with/broken/and cause death.

Comment

Originally posted by somme
                        Another good thing was that the city is so large, so they can have loads of sub-plots, they also brought loads of people along, so again more sub-plots and opportunities for re-occuring characters.

With a city that huge, there must be so much technology that can be messed with/broken/and cause death.
                        Plus who knows what else they'll find in Atlantis besides the tech.

Comment

Giant glo-worms with razor sharp teeth?

Comment

interesting point.

however, imo, the problem will come from the writers making the wraith too evil and too strong. escaping from the wraith alive or eventually conquering them will require either total incompetence on the part of the wraith or an annoying deus ex. sorry if i sound cynical - i do understand how hard it is to write good bad guys.

Comment

Maybe next season they will find some good wraiths to help them, who only suck the life from willing victims.

Comment

Working...
                              X