Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    You most definitely can ignore people . Go to FAQ. Type in "ignore" and the system will guide you to what you need to do
    OK, I swear when I looked at My Controls last night it only said Buddy List. There was nothing about Buddy/Ignore! *sniffle* The new forum has it in for me...

Comment

LOOOOVE your bio shadow!
      sigpic
      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

I love Rodney McKay. So much so that I've started a David Hewlett Fan Club. Please join.

I love his chemistry with Sam, they're so great together. I'm not sure what it will be like in Atlantis, without Sam, but we'll see, won't we?

David Hewlett
        ------
        Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

McKay is the main reason im interested in Atlantis. Before the cast was revealed i said to myself i'd watch the pilot n that was it. im tempted to watch a few more eps now tho.

saying that McKay is to Carter as Maybourne is to O'Neill is pretty accurate i think. They worked well together.

Comment

Yay! Just joined, but will have to investigate later when I'm not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              I love McKay, I think he's hilarious! Getting David Hewlett in on Atlantis was the best idea they've come up with (Seconded by the really cool gate ) for making the show. Anyway, I'm hoping his sarcastic wit will stay, but he must develop as an actual character.
              I agree. I hope they do great stuff with him as I've always liked him.
              It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

Ya know, it's funny... I just came across an old post I made back on SG1fans and the question had been asked: who would you like to see on Atlantis? McKay was one of my top choices. Because, I think I said, "every show needs at least one confrontational jack@ss, so it may as well be McKay!" Nice to know my psychic powers are still in full swing! hehe

Comment

^ Then can you please tell them to end the show before it becomes the X-Files? :-D

Oh and get rid of some new people.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Bacardi
                    saying that McKay is to Carter as Maybourne is to O'Neill is pretty accurate i think. They worked well together.
                    I love that comparison! I'd never thought of McKay could compare to one of my favorite characters, Harry, like that, but you're right. Carter and McKay do play off each other well and together make the individual character development richer and more intriguing. Like Jack and Harry, we see sides that don't come out with anyone else.

There's a good interview with David Hewlett in the MGM Newsletter where he talks about McKay's and Carter's interaction and how on Atlantis he'll be the one with the answers.
                    http://www.mgm.com/scifi/04may/mckay.html

Go McKay!
                    Last edited by Slainte; 26 May 2004, 07:17 PM. Reason: Adding link to MGM article
                    Slainte
                    "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                      For me, Mackay was Sam's Maybourne, and the two of them had a fantastic screen chemistry together, particularly in Revelations. I am slightly wary of how the character will seem without Sam. But overall, I'm thrilled that he's joined the cast of Atlantis.

DR. RODNEY MCKAY
                      PLAYED BY - David Hewlett

A brilliant and arrogant astrophysicist, Dr. McKay has worked with Samantha Carter (his intellectual nemesis, but also the object of his affections) on two separate occusions: once when Teal'c's pattern was trapped within the Stargate's memory ("48 Hours"), and again when an assault on the gate by Anubis caused its eventual destruction, which nearly destroyed Earth ("Redemption"). McKay is probably between 35 and 40 years old, and along with Major Carter is recognized as one of the world's leading authorities on Stargate technology and the science of gate travel.

McKay is a jerk, but I love him...

he's hot too...

I have a thing for Scientists who are jerks..

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                        McKay is a jerk, but I love him...

he's hot too...

I have a thing for Scientists who are jerks..
                        I can only agree with 2/3, well maybe 1/3 of your statement, haha...
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          I can only agree with 2/3, well maybe 1/3 of your statement, haha...
                          which 1/3?

or do i have to guess >D

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Change my mind, i agree with 0/3 of your statement, haha... I just don't like the character , but i don't mean to bash any character in any way.

Comment

If you don't like Wodney, then I'm afraid we'll have to boot you off the thread.

Muahaha...

Nah, you'll learn to like him. I'll make sure of it.

Comment

Yes, boot me , i wouldn't mind , im absolutely sure i won't like him, even if u attempt to force memories into me!
                                Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 30 May 2004, 06:46 PM. Reason: Becuase a word was 'offensive'

Comment

Working...
                                X