No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guys considered getting your own conversation thread over in offtopic? I know you won't be able to run up your post counts, but it might make things around here a little neater...

I know I'm a hypocrite, but this is actually starting to wear on my nerves a bit. I feel a lot more sympathy now for the people who suffered through my own bursts of talkativeness. Is this what it looked like?? I humbly apologize... But at least I wasn't consciously trying to run my numbers up. Didn't think there was a point. Maybe I should have kept quiet about the numbers...

Maybe Darren should have left it at 2,000 or whatever...

Can't wait to see how McKay reacts to... everthing. Can't wait to see him get fleshed out beyond the anti-Carter he is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Have you guys considered getting your own conversation thread over in offtopic? I know you won't be able to run up your post counts, but it might make things around here a little neater...
      Me so sorry, can't say sorry for Anubis though Maybe i will... haah... ok Back to the magnificant, or maybe not too magnificant topic...

Can't wait to see how McKay reacts to... everthing. Can't wait to see him get fleshed out beyond the anti-Carter he is right now.
      I can't wait as well!

I know I'm a hypocrite, but this is actually starting to wear on my nerves a bit. I feel a lot more sympathy now for the people who suffered through my own bursts of talkativeness. Is this what it looked like?? I humbly apologize... But at least I wasn't consciously trying to run my numbers up. Didn't think there was a point. Maybe I should have kept quiet about the numbers...
      I for one has suffered, hahah juss kidding, maybe a time or two. Maybe you should have not told numbers and such
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I actually made the decision to slow down my posts now I've reached this mark which was my goal from the beginning. I'm doing this for myself to show what I emant to lmj

I think I'll get myself down to more serious posts...
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          I'm doing this for myself to show what I emant to lmj

I know this is still off-topic, but i don't understand what you meant to show me.

Comment

Get back on topic, eh!

SPOILERS for "Rising" ..

Both Sheppard and Beckett discover early on that they have the gene that allows them to operate Ancient technology, just like Jack. Not sure if anyone else on the Atlantis expedition will pop up with the ability.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              SPOILERS for "Rising" ..

Both Sheppard and Beckett discover early on that they have the gene that allows them to operate Ancient technology, just like Jack. Not sure if anyone else on the Atlantis expedition will pop up with the ability.
              Thanks for telling me that Darren, i was wondering if it was only Beckett or Sheppard too.

Comment

We've been having fun on the Goa'uld Motivational Posters thread warping stuff from despair.com to suit Stargate. I figured this one was particularly appropriate for McKay. Thanks, Nolamom, for hosting the pic.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the sparkly bit on his chest is supposed to do? Translator? IDC? Jewelry?
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 19 June 2004, 07:09 PM.

Comment

That's the skin-tight Ancient personal shield, nicknamed the "turtle broach" on the set. More here:

http://www.mgm.com/scifi/04june/ride.html
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Some things about David Hewlett, based on other characters I've seen him play:

He does a LOT of acting through facial expression/body language.

As does Daniel in SG-1, Hewlett's characters Hurt real well.

If you've seen The Cube, you'll know what I'm talking about. His character is depressed, and he wears this depression perfectly. When he gets beat up, he looks like it really hurts. And then, when he rises above the depression and the hurt(all the while still playing the d/h cards perfectly) he is totally sympathetic.

I predict that Rodney MacKay will be a preferred Hurt/Comfort character in many Atlantis fanfic.

Also, in this movie he went from having no personality and no chemistry to having great chemistry with all the characters.

Like Jack, the guy is mouthy, even when he knows his mouth is gonna get him into deep doo-doo. Treed Murray shows Hewlett at his mouthiest.

We already know he's brilliant, like Sam, though I think that, just as early Sam had to learn how to think outside the box, Mackay, too, will have to learn to trust in unorthodox thinking to get his people out of the unusual situations that never come up in the simulations. I'm sure he'll grow into this mode of thinking, since he showed some glimmers of that in Redemption Part 2.

Finally, the angst factor that comes with MacKay not being able to interface with Ancient tech should be terrific, and I know he'll play well to his disappointments.

(Oh, and I sooo expect him to complain about the food!) ")

No matter what the PTB do to his character, I think MacKay will remain a perennial favorite of the fans.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I'd like to see them land on a planet where all the food is citrus based. The rest of the team is enjoying an elaborate feast of welcoming/celebration and McKay has to sit it out, munching on an energy bar.

Comment

I can just imagine him really enjoying that experience !!
                        Can't see RM suffering in silence........
                        More power to him,though. I don't like "Flawless Heroes" anyway.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          No matter what the PTB do to his character, I think MacKay will remain a perennial favorite of the fans.
                          I hope so,too !
                          I've got to get DH's previous films! Good review,Tok'ra Hostess !

*Cough*( Like I'm not biased,given my Avatar .... )

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                            I hope so,too !
                            I've got to get DH's previous films! Good review,Tok'ra Hostess !

*Cough*( Like I'm not biased,given my Avatar .... )

I seriously hope they dont botch his character. They've done a really good job so far, but I hope they just dont do something stupid....like they did with oh..just about every character on startrek DS9.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

I wondered after seeing 48 Hours if they would continue his allergies to citrus.

Woo-hoo! First post ever and it's about McKay.
                              "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Cool debut Post too,IMO ! Not that I'm biased (much! )
                                The citrus allergy is a nice piece of character continuity,and should make life on the Stargate Atlantis team rather "interesting" for poor RM !

Welcome to the Forum,rihannsu ! Whatever your views,there's plenty fun available,so enjoy !

Comment

Working...
                                X